Starting to get annoyed with my choices in PC games

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 22:54

All I ever play are Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion and Skyrim. There's nothing else I will play. Well, I have played other games like Borderlands 1&2, Black Ops 1&2 and a few others. But I hate them all. I need to broaden my horizon on games.

But any games I play must include a dev console that is accessible without hacks or cracks. They have to be similar in aspect to what I already play and the console must be easy access. Because, let's face it, there are times when we all need to use "tgm" at some point in a game. Or even add a few items when we are deathly low on health.

Anyways, if anyone knows any other games I might like that include a console that accepts gamebryo commands, please let me know.

Thanx.

#2 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,469 posts
  • Phone: Motorola Moto G

Posted 02 December 2012 - 22:59

If you like oblivion and skyrim, you'll like this.

https://www.youtube....h?v=o4uP1YSTovs

Edit: The graphics look like crap in the video , but it's beautiful with all visuals turned up. Be sure to get the steam version of this for the best experience.

This is a video with good graphics:

https://www.youtube....h?v=A4s8LTCz824

#3 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 23:03

Don't get upset, but I want to point something out.

You start out saying you're really annoyed with your own choices in games, are sick of the same thing, and want to broaden your horizons.

However, you state that you want people to recommend something similar to what you already play, and that functions the way your current games do.

So the first step is this:

Which of those scenarios do you wish to accomplish?

#4 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 23:30

@ Tyler: Tried that before and hated it.

Don't get upset, but I want to point something out.

You start out saying you're really annoyed with your own choices in games, are sick of the same thing, and want to broaden your horizons.

However, you state that you want people to recommend something similar to what you already play, and that functions the way your current games do.

So the first step is this:

Which of those scenarios do you wish to accomplish?

Well, I think it's just that I am more bored with the 4 games I play. I need more games to play. But yes, they do need to still have the Gamebryo engine with an easily accessible console. At least until RE 6 for PC hits.

#5 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• 5,814 posts
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 02 December 2012 - 23:39

Mass Effect in easiest settings? It's not got a console, but they're pretty easy games, and pretty entertaining if you're looking for an RPG. Mass Effect 3 also has a 'Story Mode' which is basically god mode.

Half-Life 2 + Episodes maybe? Not using Gameembryo but the developer console can be enabled from within the settings menu and has any number of commands to play with. Great games too.

STALKER series also has a dev console IIRC, but I've never used it.They'd probably be up your alley if you're looking for something in a vaguely similar vein to Fallout.

#6 I am Not PCyr

I am Not PCyr

Neowinian

• 1,223 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 23:52

wouldn't know what to suggest i think you have bad taste in games..

Skyrim really ? lol

years ago i played lots and loved gaming.
in 2013 i'm bored and don't bother anymore.. PC gaming sucks
and console gaming is worse (for kids and noobs)

so get used to it i would be willing to bet you will be gaming less and less
as you become jaded.. thinking its more of the same olf crap rehashed ..and not very well at that

#7 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,660 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 23:55

If you limit yourself to a single game engine, your horizons are never going to broaden, sorry.

#8 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 23:58

Mass Effect in easiest settings? It's not got a console, but they're pretty easy games, and pretty entertaining if you're looking for an RPG. Mass Effect 3 also has a 'Story Mode' which is basically god mode.

Half-Life 2 + Episodes maybe? Not using Gameembryo but the developer console can be enabled from within the settings menu and has any number of commands to play with. Great games too.

STALKER series also has a dev console IIRC, but I've never used it.They'd probably be up your alley if you're looking for something in a vaguely similar vein to Fallout.

Will try the STALKER series out. Thanx.

Skyrim really ? lol

as you become jaded.. thinking its more of the same olf crap rehashed ..and not very well at that

Everyone has their opinions about games and gaming in general. Just because you have become a hater towards gaming, doesn't mean I or others will.

#9 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,469 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 14:00

Do you like puzzel/horror games? Check out Anastesia: The Dark Decent and the Penumbra Series. Can't tell you how many times I jumped and about crapped myself. Be sure to play on the hardest difficulty for best experience. :) How about Portal?

#10 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 14:06

Do you like puzzel/horror games? Check out Anastesia: The Dark Decent and the Penumbra Series. Can't tell you how many times I jumped and about crapped myself. Be sure to play on the hardest difficulty for best experience. :) How about Portal?

Tried Portal 1 & 2. Didn't like them. But I will give Anastesia: The Dark Decent a shot and see how it is. Thanx.

#11 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 10,954 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 14:14

I need to broaden my horizon on games...But any games I play must include a dev console that is accessible without hacks or cracks. They have to be similar in aspect to what I already play and the console must be easy access. Because, let's face it, there are times when we all need to use "tgm" at some point in a game. Or even add a few items when we are deathly low on health.

What with being on the console more than the PC, I can honestly say that I don't need the console (in the game, that is).

From the games listed it looks like you're in to SPRPGs, big open worlds but you're the only player; everyone else is an NPC.

For big open worlds in a single player environment, perhaps look at Far Cry 3? That's supposed to be quite epic.
The GTA series as well would be worth looking in to as well, same genre if slightly different gameplay.
Amnesia: The Dark Descent is better than the Penumbra series in my opinion, but I don't know if either would be your thing from what you've described.

I'm not sure if you're being too restrictive in what you're looking for in a game, or too vague. Some more information about what exactly it is you like about those games that you dislike about BO2 and Borderlands would be helpful. :)

#12 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 14:20

Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Dishonored
FarCry 3
Hard Reset
Mirror's Edge
The Walking Dead (all episodes)
Portal
Portal 2

#13 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,469 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 14:40

MMO's? :
Dungeons and Dagons Online?
Lord of the Rings Online?
Star Trek Online?
MechWarrior Online?
Elder Scrolls Online? (Not out yet but still an option for later)

All of them are free to play, but you can buy cool stuff from an in game store.

---
Dead Space Series?
Dirt 2?
Red Faction Series?
Decent Series? (Be sure to google for high res texture mods)

Galaxy on Fire 2? It's availible for Mac, PC, iOS and Android. It's really fun on an iPad--never tried it on any other platform.

#14 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,883 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 14:42

Skyrim really ? lol

umm what? are you from the future?

#15 Mark

Mark

(: ollǝɥ

• 3,588 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 14:46

Try something totally different like Civ 5 or C&C (but not generals, that's terrible)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!