Starting to get annoyed with my choices in PC games

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 16:16

Let me know if Afterfall is any good. I kept meaning to check on it but never did.

It's not bad from the little I have played of it. Mainly playing Singularity right now.

#32 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 16:20

It's not bad from the little I have played of it. Mainly playing Singularity right now.

I loved Singularity, not many games hold my attention for more than a few minutes but I was waking up and loading up the game before checking my emails for that game until I clocked it

#33 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:18

I loved Singularity, not many games hold my attention for more than a few minutes but I was waking up and loading up the game before checking my emails for that game until I clocked it

I'm actually stck in Singularity right now. I'm at the point where I have to click a button to raise a door and then hit the door with the TMD to hold the door up. I tried for over an hour last night and gave up. I know I will get it sooner or later.

#34 enc_MAYhem

enc_MAYhem

enc_MAYhem

• 33 posts
  • Phone: HTC Desire C

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:33

Battlefield 3 - The best multiplayer online fps ever built.

#35 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:34

I'm actually stck in Singularity right now. I'm at the point where I have to click a button to raise a door and then hit the door with the TMD to hold the door up. I tried for over an hour last night and gave up. I know I will get it sooner or later.

I can vaguely remember having to do something like that, is it where there are 3 buttons on the floor you have to run across to open the doors and there are 3 castle gate type metal doors you have to sprint through (maybe only 1 door)?

Can sorta remember having to use a sprint ability to make it in time if I`m remembering right

iirc I got stuck there too for ages

#36 Silpheed2K

Silpheed2K

Neowinian

• 299 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:57

This forum allow you do edit your posts? I made a typo in my last post and meant to say I like a variety of games that aren't just shooting things.

My next best recommendation would be to download a bunch of game demos and see which ones you like. Nothing like the old trial and error method to see which games you like.

Oh I see. It probably only lets me edit within like the first 5 minutes after posting.

#37 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 18:05

I can vaguely remember having to do something like that, is it where there are 3 buttons on the floor you have to run across to open the doors and there are 3 castle gate type metal doors you have to sprint through (maybe only 1 door)?

Can sorta remember having to use a sprint ability to make it in time if I`m remembering right

iirc I got stuck there too for ages

Grrr! No, not that point. Spoilers! LOL! The spot I'm talking about, is where in one room you have 1 button, you have to click it, then run around a wall and set your TMD time bubble, to hold a door open, otherwise, then door slides back down. I can only get it to hold at a very low point. Too low to crawl under.

#38 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 18:16

Grrr! No, not that point. Spoilers! LOL! The spot I'm talking about, is where in one room you have 1 button, you have to click it, then run around a wall and set your TMD time bubble, to hold a door open, otherwise, then door slides back down. I can only get it to hold at a very low point. Too low to crawl under.

haha it might be a completely different game I`m remembering so maybe not spoilers lol

I don't remember that point exactly it was a while ago I played it last, but can't you set the TMD time bubble 'before' pressing the button ?

#39 brianshapiro

brianshapiro

Neowinian Senior

• 2,947 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 18:29

I'm wondering if you've played old DOS RPGs like the Ultima series, and some other games I could recommend if you haven't. I like newer games like Skyrim but often I enjoy going back to playing the classics.

#40 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 18:32

Try Black Ops II , Lo Tec. I know you don't FPS,s, but this game is great. Best COD game yet IMHO.

#41 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 18:38

haha it might be a completely different game I`m remembering so maybe not spoilers lol

I don't remember that point exactly it was a while ago I played it last, but can't you set the TMD time bubble 'before' pressing the button ?

Tried that too. But not go. By the time I get back, the time dilation has ended.

I'm wondering if you've played old DOS RPGs like the Ultima series, and some other games I could recommend if you haven't. I like newer games like Skyrim but often I enjoy going back to playing the classics.

Yes I have. But I really don't want to go back to using dosbox or whatever is being used now. As for Skyrim, it's one of the ones I'm now bored with if you read the actual OP. But thanx Brian.

Try Black Ops II , Lo Tec. I know you don't FPS,s, but this game is great. Best COD game yet IMHO.

I would, but it's a bit over my price range right now Brother. I just purchased two games, plus an SSD and gcard. The hardware should be on it's way.

#42 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 18:43

Have you checked out The Walking Dead series?

#43 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 18:46

Tried that too. But not go. By the time I get back, the time dilation has ended.

Ah, a small memory of having to use it on the button and not the door comes to mind, keeps the button pushed for longer

#44 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 19:02

Ah, a small memory of having to use it on the button and not the door comes to mind, keeps the button pushed for longer

I will try that. But I was watching a walkthrough on youtube and they were using it on the door.

Have you checked out The Walking Dead series?

No. I can't afford the 5 episodes yet and I really don't want to just get one.

I also want to get DayZ standalone. But it's still in dev status. So I don't even know a price tag on it yet.

#45 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 19:03

I will try that. But I was watching a walkthrough on youtube and they were using it on the door.

I think it's been too long since I played it so just guessing really, yea walkthroughs are a better idea

Can you post the link to that walkthrough? It might remind me