60 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like LH Build 4051?

• Love it!
    • Like it!
    • Don't like it!
    • Hate it!

it's xp with a very slow new explorer exe look, a sidebar and a new IE

nothing worth upgrading for... but hey maybe we'll see some magic in beta 1

I used it for a few days, and I had it running fine and dandy (apart from a slow boot). Now it's gone, but I look forward to the Beta. I personally like the Slate look, and there were some good new features. But XP reigns for now.

No, it looks ugly.

congradulations on your crap comment, too bad the product isnt finished and it has had 2 facelifts already, plex and slate, your judgments are based on nothing...

I think it looks pretty! Hehe. I've been using it as my default OS for about a week now... installed Office 2003 with no problem, and running games it's been alright. It has some new version of Direct X nine, so those games that check your version won't allow you to run it... unless you can find a way to stop it from doing that o.O All I can say for now is, though, Longhorn seems to be the beginings of a great OS!

i am dual bootin with xp...and i think i am gonna run this for a while as my primary, i haven't had any problems with it. after fixing the damn mem leak and downloading a real download manager (built in sucks) i am loving this. i am liking the slate look so so, could be better, but it's better than plex. so far it's fast (except for start up) and relatively stable. i like it ;) ;) ...counting the days until beta1 however. :woot: :woot:

I like it! Even in its current alpha stage, one should not expect too much out of it. Install went fine and I am able to do most of the things like office and play games as XP. Big problem is the networking issue which is well known and which I cannot resolve even after I did the recommendations from the tweak guide. I have ADSL and I still cannot surf the net on this build which is a big problem. I have read that people are able to use the NETSH command to circumvent the TCP/IP problem but I cannot get it to work. If someone has resolved this issue please let me know!