Multiple Monitors on Two Video Cards

I've got my work computer which has an integrated Intel graphics provided by the G45 chipset and an AMD4890. I have one monitor on the integrated and two on the 4890. If I use lspci, I can see both cards are listed. However, I can only get the monitor on the integrated to show up in System Settings -> Monitors. I can get this working without issue in Windows with the current BIOS settings.

I've had to do this manually before years ago where I had to write in the screen configurations in Xserver but much has changed since then. There's got to be a better way.

Ubuntu 12.04

A friend in my another friend suggested this:

If you are using multiple AMD graphics cards or AMD dual graphics (i.e.: notebook users), use:

sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial

or:

sudo amdconfig --adapter=all --initial

I had a similar fight. From what I gathered it wasn't really possible so I gave up.

X doesn't play well in this scenario.

A friend in my another friend suggested this:

Two monitors on my AMD card alone work fine without any fuss. It's getting both cards to display on all three monitors.

I had a similar fight. From what I gathered it wasn't really possible so I gave up.

X doesn't play well in this scenario.

I keep hearing similar stories but I swear I got it to work years ago on four monitors actually. I remember having to manually write in the screens and to what hardware ID to they went to and the orientation of them. So much has changed though that it's all different.

Xenosion, that is what I said. 2 monitors on one card, great. 2 different cards, not so.