Buying a Ring Today

It's a gift.

It's a gift. I don't expect anything in return. That's a weird question.

I don't see it as a weird question, if i'm buying something for $6000, I damn well want something in return. But then again, I don't see the point in marriage.

By the way, I don't mean to offend anyone with my posts (well, most of the time), just interested in others opinions on these matters.

Marriage doesn't seem that big a deal in the UK any more ( from the people I know anyway) - it is as though there is nothing to be gained by been wed.

I know a lot of people are more religious, and it means more to them than others.

Anyway, personally if I were to propose, I would buy a cheaper ring and use the other money on the wedding/honeymoon/otherstuff.

And putting personal opinions aside, good luck and I hope it works out for you.

I don't see it as a weird question, if i'm buying something for $6000, I damn well want something in return. But then again, I don't see the point in marriage.

By the way, I don't mean to offend anyone with my posts (well, most of the time), just interested in others opinions on these matters.

Marriage doesn't seem that big a deal in the UK any more ( from the people I know anyway) - it is as though there is nothing to be gained by been wed.

I know a lot of people are more religious, and it means more to them than others.

Anyway, personally if I were to propose, I would buy a cheaper ring and use the other money on the wedding/honeymoon/otherstuff.

And putting personal opinions aside, good luck and I hope it works out for you.

No offense taken. It will be on our 10 year anniversary of dating, so not like marriage was really important. I'm ready and secure with a job and house. Kinda like to seal the deal.