Buying a Ring Today

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,567 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 21:45

I'm actually proposing in Paris this New Years.

Awwww. Good luck and I hope you guys have a great time :)

#32 metallithrax

metallithrax

I saw you earlier, with the hairy stick....

• 8,550 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia U (android 4.0.4)

Posted 09 December 2012 - 21:59

It's a gift.

It's a gift. I don't expect anything in return. That's a weird question.

I don't see it as a weird question, if i'm buying something for $6000, I damn well want something in return. But then again, I don't see the point in marriage.

By the way, I don't mean to offend anyone with my posts (well, most of the time), just interested in others opinions on these matters.

Marriage doesn't seem that big a deal in the UK any more ( from the people I know anyway) - it is as though there is nothing to be gained by been wed.

I know a lot of people are more religious, and it means more to them than others.

Anyway, personally if I were to propose, I would buy a cheaper ring and use the other money on the wedding/honeymoon/otherstuff.

And putting personal opinions aside, good luck and I hope it works out for you.

#33 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,001 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 09 December 2012 - 22:22

uh, no idea

Well can you overclock it?

#34 OP ccoltmanm

ccoltmanm

Neowinian Senior

• 2,127 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:20

I don't see it as a weird question, if i'm buying something for $6000, I damn well want something in return. But then again, I don't see the point in marriage.

By the way, I don't mean to offend anyone with my posts (well, most of the time), just interested in others opinions on these matters.

Marriage doesn't seem that big a deal in the UK any more ( from the people I know anyway) - it is as though there is nothing to be gained by been wed.

I know a lot of people are more religious, and it means more to them than others.

Anyway, personally if I were to propose, I would buy a cheaper ring and use the other money on the wedding/honeymoon/otherstuff.

And putting personal opinions aside, good luck and I hope it works out for you.

No offense taken. It will be on our 10 year anniversary of dating, so not like marriage was really important. I'm ready and secure with a job and house. Kinda like to seal the deal.