Curious DNS issue

So I have my own domain, which is hosted by Evo hosting. I can browse to my site from any machine I have access to, except my desktop machine.

On my machine, if I try and browse to the site I get "Server not found" in FF. I can't download mail into Thunderbird, nor can I access my FTP via FireFTP.

My hosts file is unaltered.

Where do I begin?

First thing first, check the dns records. a simple nslookup at the command prompt should give you the IP from Evo hosting your site is using.

Next. Make sure you can ping the site, again at the command prompt.

Try the IP on its own. If your site is on a virtualhost you won't see your own site, however seeing anything we know you can access the server on that IP.

If you can do all over the above ok, chances are its your browser setup, maybe a proxy you've missed.

Fancy posting the domain, IP of what it should be, what you're getting and a bit more about your home network setup.

Fixed it, all it took was a /flushdns :shiftyninja:

I couldn't ping the site by name, or do an nslookup. I THINK it might be related to Spybot S&D having tweaked my hosts file, which I restored back to the original to test the issue yesterday.

Thanks anyway :)