Microsoft's worst nightmare coming true

Actually, this wasn't really about Win8 there Derp. You did read the article right? The funny thing is that its wrong for largely the same reasons you are. You and the author are LCD peas in a pod. You both see doom for MS if they don't beat the iPad.

Cute story there mcdear, though I doubt most with the title of Director have such flexibility in their environments.

A month and a half after Windows 8 is on the market, and people are clobbering each other to call it a failure. Wow.

It is virtually impossible for Windows 8 OS to be a failure. the MS Tablet and Windows Phone programs may be, with consumers. Time will tell.

I personally want both to succeed. I actually hate Google, Android, & Linux. But what I've seen so far, is worrisome. I really don't think there's enough Vision and leadership at MS to pull it off. The fact that I have Surface, Lumia 920, and Windows 8 Desktop and they all barely interoperate, tells me they ain't near ready. Fortunately for them the competition is small and hasn't done much in the Tablet space. Phones, that will be tougher.

I wouldn't start placing bets till after Christmas.

...so, Microsoft is fine! :p

Pretty much. They can only shoot themselves in the foot, and there's a 50/50 chance they will do just that with consumers. In the tablet and phone space Apple has set a standard of "it all just works" from a consumer standpoint.

However, I do think that tablets will continue to perform more and more roles that used to be designated to a workstation or laptop, and will become the primary computing device for many people who used to rely more on workstation and laptops.

I completely agree with you on that. Mobile is where it's at. Microsoft can't afford to lose that market.

microsoft being on the way out??? what are they on....??? Yahoo has gone full on retard with this.

I think anyone can play this game....

Lots of people hate Microsoft and want to see them gone and write articles with FUD to try to put fear and doubt into people's minds.

I think it's pretty easy to see this.

The only Windows machine I really use anymore is my HTPC on my TV at home, running Windows 7. I was thinking about giving Windows 8 a whirl though, as it seems like the UI might work out quite well on a TV screen.

Ahh we can fix that for you. www.plexapp.com and a roku or other supported little box. :)

Shouldn't this be in 'jokes and funny stuff' forum ? :p

MS dominate the desktop market, they are not intimidated by any other company, and no, I'm not a MS fanboi, just a fact ;)

Agreed.. this should be with his conspiracy theory bs

Microsoft aren't exactly setting the tablet scene alight at the moment but their business is far from failing.

But I've heard around here that businesses aren't excited about embracing Win8

Sorry but what out there is going to compete with Microsoft Office? I can totally see businesses doing work on iPad's. No the Businesses that buy iPad's buy them for their employees entertainment and the employees pay for it via monthly instalments taken out of their wage.

Windows 8 is selling well, Windows Phone is growing and not shrinking, Xbox is growing and their enterprise services are growing.

By the way here is a tweet from the Journalist, his article is just a loose opinion with no actual facts to show Microsoft is in trouble.

Sorry but what out there is going to compete with Microsoft Office? I can totally see businesses doing work on iPad's. No the Businesses that buy iPad's buy them for their employees entertainment and the employees pay for it via monthly instalments taken out of their wage.

Windows 8 is selling well, Windows Phone is growing and not shrinking, Xbox is growing and their enterprise services are growing.

By the way here is a tweet from the Journalist, his article is just a loose opinion with no actual facts to show Microsoft is in trouble.

https://twitter.com/...253396695568384

look thru his photostream on twitter and lots of mac stuff there.... figures.... and he disses MS 3 times...

I think Yahoo has more of a chance of being done than Microsoft. The story about Microsoft might make some web site hits. With the updates with Windows in a few years I am betting Microsoft does the opposite.

Quite frankly he lost credibility when the author wrote:

Microsoft doesn't have a Facebook app for the Surface

Yes, because a tablet with a full blown web browser needs to have a custom native application. There is so much fail in the article I don't know where to begin. Have Microsoft made some missteps? sure, they've wasted at least 6 years but 2012 IMHO marks a long hard journey that will take a lot of hard work by those at Microsoft to make changes necessary to compete in the marketplace. Mark my words, in 1-2 years we'll be having this discussion and the same idiot who wrote the article will be crowing how Windows Phone 8 has 30% of the market, Windows 8 Marketplace has more applications than the AppStore and the new Xbox box is "kick ass".

Btw, Yahoo giving critiques of Microsoft - who the hell uses Yahoo these days? they might as well close up shop, give back the money to shareholders and join the long list of irrelevant companies that no one gives a crap about such as Ask Jeeves.

A month and a half after Windows 8 is on the market, and people are clobbering each other to call it a failure. Wow.

No,

Most people were doing that even before the release of Windows 8! I just had my first real chance to play/work on a Windows 8 laptop yesterday. My goodness, what an awful cluster f**k!! I now know for absolute certainty I WILL NOT ever upgrade my Windows 7 machines to that mess!! In fact, I'd go back to XP before Windows 8!! :x

A month and a half after Windows 8 is on the market, and people are clobbering each other to call it a success. Wow.

A month and a half after Windows 8 is on the market, and people are clobbering each other to call it a success. Wow.

40 million and growing sounds pretty successful to me. ;)