PS3 is #1 for Netflix Streaming in the Living Room

It?s official: More people stream Netflix content to their televisions via PS3 than any other device worldwide. This is a major milestone, and one we?re particularly proud of considering the myriad Netflix-compatible streaming devices on the market, from other gaming consoles to smart TVs and internet-connected set-top boxes.

To demonstrate why our partnership has been so valuable for both PlayStation owners and Netflix users, we asked Netflix CEO Reed Hastings to offer some further insight:

?PS3 is our largest TV-connected platform in terms of Netflix viewing, and this year, at times, even surpassed the PC in hours of Netflix enjoyment to become our number one platform overall. PS3 is a natural fit for Netflix in terms of developing and first deploying our most advanced features. We can transparently update our application with new features on a daily basis, and through the free PlayStation Network, people around the world can sign up for Netflix directly from their PS3.?

PS3 first introduced Netflix in November 2009, and since then it has become a primary development platform for the Netflix streaming experience, giving PS3 owners early access to many new features that come to other platforms later. For example, PS3 was the first computer entertainment system to offer Netflix in full 1080p video resolution with 5.1-channel Dolby Digital Plus? surround sound and to offer post play, second screen controls, on device sign-up, and alternate audio options including subtitles. PS3 is currently the only platform to experience a new voice user interface called ?Max? that?s currently being tested.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/04/ps3-is-1-for-netflix-streaming-in-the-living-room/

But what about da Kinect?!

I use the 360 because I can control it with my Logitech Harmony remote and not need to swap controllers. However I have been using the Wii U for it more and more frequently, love the GamePad.

I use the 360 because I can control it with my Logitech Harmony remote and not need to swap controllers. However I have been using the Wii U for it more and more frequently, love the GamePad.

I just found out today that the Wii U does not support Dolby Digital codecs, so Netflix on it only outputs in stereo /facepalm.

Nintendo continually being cheap with licensing for media/codecs.

I sold my 360 a long time ago, and don't have cable television since there's really nothing on it I am interested in watching, so in addition to gaming, I use my PS3 for Netflix and Hulu Plus. I would have used the 360 except you're required to pay for Gold to actually use the majority of the online functionality, so after I got my PS3, I sold the 360. I didn't sell it because I thought the 360 sucked or "OMG GRAFFIKS SO MUCH B3TT3R ON PS3!!!!", I just did it because I found myself not playing the 360 at all except once and a while to play Halo, and didn't see the point in continuing to pay for XBox Live Gold when I could do everything on the PSN that I could on Live, but without the annual fee.

I was one of those people, then their software kept crashing the instance it was loaded, same problem 2 completely different PS3s. The only suggestion they could come up with was to format both PS3s to factory settings :|

Bye Netflix.

I love the post-play screen for tv series. Outside of a check every three episodes or so to make sure you're still watching (which is great in case I fall asleep), I can just kick back and marathon.