A BURGER made from the hottest chillies in the world has just gone on sale ? but only to adults who must wear protective gloves to scoff it.

The Fallout Burger is made of Naga Bhut Jolokia and the Scotch Bonnet which are 40 times hotter than original tabasco sauce and register an estimated one million on the Scoville Scale - the scientific measurement of how hot chillies are .

Bristol's Atomic Burger restaurant has just put the mega-hot burgers on its menu and asks customers to sign a disclaimer and prove they're over 18. They are also advised to wear protective gloves before they start eating the Fallout.

Bustling with sauce, salad and three beefy burgers, it also includes a further 18oz of cheese all sandwiched between two deep fried pizza slices and served with a triple portion of chilli fries.

Restaurant owners Martin Bunce and James Reilly created the spicy meat feast and sell it for ?25.

Martin and James also challenge staff to finish the lethal burger in under 60 minutes.

The challenge, named Unique Fallout, offers customers the chance to win a T-shirt and have their name on the restaurant's Wall Of Flame.

Martin said: ?What makes our challenge different is that it?s not only hot but it?s too big too. I'm quite a chilli head, I enjoy extreme heat but even I only just manage to complete it. Some people take one bite and refuse to take anymore.?

One fearless diner who was daring enough to take on the Fallout Challenge was Jess Farmer, 23.

The Mechanical Engineer said, ?It was definitely the hottest thing I?ve ever eaten and certainly not for the faint hearted.

"It?s a constant burn, the heat intensifies with every mouthful, each bite is like an inferno in your mouth. It?s still tasty though, the heat doesn?t spoil the taste.?

Source

If you need gloves to pick it up, that doesn't even need to tell you what it could do to your insides. I really don't see the fascination in eating food that hurts as you consume it.

I'm a great fan of spicy food and would be very interested to try it but it's just too big - it looks like a US-style portion size. It's quite rare to find meals that are actually spicy, as even most Indian restaurants' hottest meals aren't really that hot. If they made it in a sensible size I'm sure I'd give it a go, though I'd probably regret it later. :laugh:

If you need gloves to pick it up, that doesn't even need to tell you what it could do to your insides. I really don't see the fascination in eating food that hurts as you consume it.

Spicy doesn't burn your hands... That's just a sales gimmick.

I think that's more for dramatic effect. Nobody wants food that makes you ill or feel pain but spicy food is really nice now and again.

Spicy food is actually really good for your insides, capsacin is (ironically) really good for ulcers, and some studies even suggest it can prevent or help get rid of cancer. Fascinating stuff. And tasty!

the gloves are so that you don't touch your eyes/genitals after your meal as that will cause you agony, they aren't there as a gimmick.

Also regarding not understanding why people enjoy hot food... it is because your body releases endorphins when you eat hot food, you can get a great natural high from eating spicy food. It isn't just a macho thing to prove that you are brave.

Spicy food is actually really good for your insides, capsacin is (ironically) really good for ulcers, and some studies even suggest it can prevent or help get rid of cancer. Fascinating stuff. And tasty!

I too have read this. Alas, I have no tolerance for the stuff and even struggle with a korma! :s

I don't get the whole thing with hot food, after a certain point (in my case, a fairly low point) it just ruins any sort of flavor.

I enjoy hot to a point too, but if I can't finish it because of the heat it spoils it for me too

I know some people who eat the hottest they can find because it gives them some sort of crazy high, not high like drugs, but sends them hyper

I just like when my mouth and lips are burning, when I feel flushed, even my nose gets a bit runny, but it's delicious! I didn't realise it released endorphins, but it does make me feel happy so I believe it. I also hear it boosts metabolism in the short term, and the way it makes me feel warmer seems to support that. I eat spicy food every chance I get :D

I just like when my mouth and lips are burning, when I feel flushed, even my nose gets a bit runny, but it's delicious! I didn't realise it released endorphins, but it does make me feel happy so I believe it. I also hear it boosts metabolism in the short term, and the way it makes me feel warmer seems to support that. I eat spicy food every chance I get :D

I've had to walk out from a Thai restaurant looking like I just finished the London Marathon because I picked something very hot not knowing what it was

I spent more on coke than on the meal, and was almost embarrassed walking past everyone with such a red sweating face when I was finished

Was nice though :)

Yep, Thai is the best. I also like adding sriracha to pretty much everything :laugh:

One Thai place near my house does a spicy-food-eating contest every year. I always get to the final round but never win--on the final round you have to be first to finish it, and some big guy always inhales it in one bite and wins. However, it's still fun.

This burger is huge, though, no way I could eat all that.

Let's hope they've got paramedics on standby for immediate customer resuscitation. That thing sounds lethal!

Heart attack grill, UK version?

• Like 1

:D Yea I found out after the event that milk is the best at neutralising the unbearable burning from your head

But, if your stomach feels ill and you drink a lot of dairy real quick, it gets ugly. Really ugly.

Best to hold the milk in your mouth and let it do its work rather than chugging a lot of it. I've seen... things :x

But, if your stomach feels ill and you drink a lot of dairy real quick, it gets ugly. Really ugly.

Best to hold the milk in your mouth and let it do its work rather than chugging a lot of it. I've seen... things :x

haha yea, wouldn't go down (or up) too well in a restaurant... :p

I have some kind of allergy to chilli... makes me sick as hell for a day or so after eating it - so I think I'll give this a miss!

if you went to the toilet im sure you would have wished you wore those gloves...