eddie cue apple stock apple trouble apple bad news apple news

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 still1

still1

Neowinian Senior

• 6,990 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 15:20

Don't get me wrong. I am no Android or Microsoft fanboy. I have 2 PCs, an iMac, an iPad and an Android phone but the truth is the truth. Apple has internal troubles and something is not right.

You might want to take a look at this:

Android Market Share Reached 75% Worldwide in Q3 2012

http://techcrunch.co...ide-in-q3-2012/

Apple is going no where. yes, SGS3,Note2 and now Nexus 4 Apple is having hard time with sales,
The growth has slowed down but its no where near going down.

Nexus 7 and surface(although sales is very low) has giving ipad a hard time.

#17 NeoPogo

NeoPogo

Neowinian

• 610 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 15:23

Lots of posting from haters in here hating against Apple. Typical.

#18 br0adband

br0adband

The one and only...

• 499 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 15:27

People always seem to forget a truly sobering statistic overall:

Apple makes basically 1 phone a year, 1 tablet a year, 1 new revision of their laptops and desktops a year, etc. This year they did alter that somewhat with the iPad 4 and iPad mini but their track record is basically 1 device per year per category of device, more or less.

Contrast that with how many Android phones produced in the past 12 months across all the companies making phones... maybe 40, 50, even 60 phones? How many tablets? 40? 50? 60?

The sobering statistic: Apple cranks out a few products a year vs the competition cranking out dozens upon dozens of products a year updating them nearly constantly and still Apple makes money hand over fist. That comes primarily from Apple working on a ~40% profit margin since the day the company was founded.

Nobody else has or will ever make that kind of profit on their devices, even when they manufacturer them in-house which Apple doesn't do. Considering that alone, the fact that Apple uses outside firms and services to make their products (the design is traditionally in-house, not the manufacture), and they can still crank out ~40% profit across the board - or even higher on some items - is utterly astonishing and the direct reason they have close to $200 billion in cash without any serious bills or expenses in sight.

#19 Klownicle

Klownicle

I get a custom title? Sweett.

• 1,500 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 15:37

Lots of posts from apple fan boys with no basis also. Typical.

I don't think we will see any OS overtake windows anytime soon. Regardless of how "iffy" windows 8 is or will be. Windows has its foot in too many doors to prevent that door from closing.

#20 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• 17,475 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 05 December 2012 - 16:33

Apple sold a record amount of iPhones when the 5 launched. The iPad mini sold out over the weekend. The company recently became the second largest phone manufacturer in the US, overtaking LG. Polls showed consumers want an iPad more than anything else for the holidays. How is the Surface giving the iPad a hard time when sales are very low? Makes no sense. Of course this is all ignored by some because it simply isn't want they want to see happing. Apple not doing well is largely based on emotion rather than fact.

#21 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,485 posts
  • Phone: Motorola Moto G

Posted 05 December 2012 - 16:48

I highly doubt Apple is going down hill. There's a few things that could be done like reworking/rewriteing iOS, iWork 2013, iLife 2013, etc. but thay are going to be here for a long time.

#22 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• 3,584 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 05 December 2012 - 17:01

I would like to see Apple really invest into iOS and get it up to par with Android.. Mostly, apps with more control..

#23 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,530 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 05 December 2012 - 17:07

Don't get me wrong. I am no Android or Microsoft fanboy. I have 2 PCs, an iMac, an iPad and an Android phone but the truth is the truth. Apple has internal troubles and something is not right.

You might want to take a look at this:

Android Market Share Reached 75% Worldwide in Q3 2012

http://techcrunch.co...ide-in-q3-2012/

That 75% Android market share doesn't mean much for iPhone. It only means that there are crapload of cheap Android phones being sold compared to something like Galaxy S3 or One X. Apple doesn't compete in that market and will never do until they start making $100-150 iPhones (which I doubt they will ever do).
I think they are losing market share because the market itself is growing but Apple is growing at a slower pace compared to overall market.

#24 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 17:47

I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of people have been selling stock lately. It has nothing to do with how the company is performing, but what possible tax changes might occur in the next month.

Plus, you know, sometimes you just want a few million dollars.

#25 migo

migo

Neowinian Senior

• 1,955 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 17:53

Apple stock prices aren't going to go any higher, might as well sell now while they're worth the most.

#26 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Random Oracle

• 5,598 posts
  • Phone: SQNY D5503

Posted 05 December 2012 - 20:38

I wonder why hasn't anyone made "take a Cue" joke yet.

Is it not funny? Ok, I'll just be on my way then...

#27 Pam14160

Pam14160

Lee

• 2,305 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 22:08

You must have missed the 90s

Please educate me on what you are attempting to say; your remarks make no sense to me. . .sometimes I can be just a little slow in the head. . . :D

#28 Acac1aStrain

Acac1aStrain

Neowinian

• 27 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 22:15

Please educate me on what you are attempting to say; your remarks make no sense to me. . .sometimes I can be just a little slow in the head. . . :D

In the 90's Apple were almost bankrupt until Microsoft saved them.

#29 +Livin in a box

Livin in a box

Oh man. I shot Marvin in the face.

• 2,491 posts
  • Phone: HTC One M8

Posted 06 December 2012 - 00:15

In the 90's Apple were almost bankrupt until Microsoft saved them.

But they were nowhere near as big as they are now.

#30 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 00:15

True. Executives sell stock all the time. It's not a big deal.