Eddie Cue Sells $8.8 Million of His Apple Stock

You must have missed the 90s

Please educate me on what you are attempting to say; your remarks make no sense to me. . .sometimes I can be just a little slow in the head. . . :D

Please educate me on what you are attempting to say; your remarks make no sense to me. . .sometimes I can be just a little slow in the head. . . :D

In the 90's Apple were almost bankrupt until Microsoft saved them.

But they were nowhere near as big as they are now.

Yes very true and Microsoft owns part of Apple which means Microsoft will never let Apple go down the drain.

People often think (mistakenly) that all Jobs did was being a glorified salesman. they don't understand that Jobs managed EVERYTHING. From marketing to design supervision. Remember the 90's people.

Is the Apple ship in trouble? Let's look at the series of lately events here for a minute:

1. iOS6 is released and doesn't impress anybody.

2. Apple Maps is a huge failure. Doesn't work properly.

3. Scott Forstall and 2 other executives get fired.

4. Bob Mansfield cashes his $20 million Apple stock and decides to "retire".

5. Now, Eddie Cue decides to sell his $8.8 million in Apple stock. "Retirement" next?

I don't know about you guys, but it seems to be the Apple Starship isn't doing very well. Ever since its captain died, nothing's been the same. Something is wrong at Apple.

What do you think?

Source and full article: http://www.cultofmac...in-apple-stock/

This doesnt surprise me one bit. Steve Jobs was Apple. The new Maps program never would of been released in its current form and I believe the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 would look different as well.

Apple stock goes up, "whatever, Woz was Apple".

Apple stock goes down, "Jobs was that whole company, it's all gonna fall apart now."

Please, if Jobs was Apple, Gates was Microsoft. They've both moved on, they will continue to move on.

True. Executives sell stock all the time. It's not a big deal.

When a Microsoft exec sells shares, people claim it is a sinking ship and is trying to get out (see the comments)

https://www.neowin.net/news/ballmer-sells-12-of-his-stake-in-msft-is-he-preparing-to-leave

Article titles such as "Ballmer Dumps 49.3 Million Microsoft Shares... 25 Million More on the Way?" from ZDNet

And then there are the conspiracy theories, that he is hiding something and is trying to get out before the "failure" of the company:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/17307/ballmer_sells_1_3_billion_of_microsoft_stock_does_he_know_something_we_dont

To the point that the exec needs to issue a public statement to calm fears of the supposedly jittery investors:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/press/2010/nov10/11-05statement.aspx

But an Apple exec sells some shares - Nothing to see here, move along, everything is A-O-K. You are all haters for talking bad about Apple, how dare you!!!

Not in my life time will Apple come falling down. At present they are to big and money rich. Beside with the ability to now sell their products (iPhone) in both India and China (more people than almost all the other countries on planet earth) they are looking at the possilility of increasing their sales by as much as 25 to 50 % in the smartphone market.

No they aren't coming apart at the seems as of yet. . .

I agree. They may not be what they once were but like Microsoft they could exist for years without doing anything.It's just wishful thinking to think otherwise.

But an Apple exec sells some shares - Nothing to see here, move along, everything is A-O-K. You are all haters for talking bad about Apple, how dare you!!!

It is no big deal regardless of who does it. Some people out there like to make a big deal about everything, you know.

If Tim Cook steps out of Apple, he could setup his own Act-Like-Steve-Jobs acting masterclasses.

I find it annoying how during his presentations, he uses all of Steve's iconic gestures and phrases. Be yourself Tim!

If Tim Cook steps out of Apple, he could setup his own Act-Like-Steve-Jobs acting masterclasses.

Do you really think it's difficult to park in spaces for the handicapped and never donate to charity?

It is no big deal regardless of who does it. Some people out there like to make a big deal about everything, you know.

I agree, it is no big deal. It is good for a person to diversify their portfolio, and it is their money to do what they will with it. The issue is when we have some giving back exactly what others had done to a Microsoft exec (not saying it was right for either side) and the accusations and whining of haters, or how dare you talk about Apple in the same way some did about Microsoft, start being thrown around.

Apple is going no where. yes, SGS3,Note2 and now Nexus 4 Apple is having hard time with sales,

The growth has slowed down but its no where near going down.

Nexus 7 and surface(although sales is very low) has giving ipad a hard time.

A hard time? The iPhone 5 has been on the market for almost three months, and ship dates have finally dropped down to 2-4 business days. You want an iPad mini? Order today, and it will ship in two weeks.

I would like to see Apple really invest into iOS and get it up to par with Android.. Mostly, apps with more control..

I wish they would open up iOS a bit more. Let developers make things for the notification shade. Maybe even spruce up the app launcher a bit, but I don't think Apple will do that unless they can come up with something better and equally as iconic. Until then, it's refine, refine, refine.

Yes very true and Microsoft owns part of Apple which means Microsoft will never let Apple go down the drain.

I thought Microsoft sold all of their shares in 2003?

This doesnt surprise me one bit. Steve Jobs was Apple. The new Maps program never would of been released in its current form and I believe the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 would look different as well.

Why would you think that? Were you tight with Jobs? :p Every once in a while Apple will do a complete change up like when the iMac went from CRT to LCD. Other times it's just refinements made over the years. Compare iOS 1 to iOS 6. Look at OS X 10.8. It's not that much different than how 10.0 was. Sure, the icons look different, the interface looks sleeker, and there's that launch pad thing, but it's remained fundamentally the same.

And about the iPhone 5. It maintains the iconic look while feeling a lot different than its predecessors. I really don't think you can do too much to a slate phone with one button on the front besides making it thinner, taller, and shinier.

Why would you think that? Were you tight with Jobs? :p Every once in a while Apple will do a complete change up like when the iMac went from CRT to LCD. Other times it's just refinements made over the years. Compare iOS 1 to iOS 6. Look at OS X 10.8. It's not that much different than how 10.0 was. Sure, the icons look different, the interface looks sleeker, and there's that launch pad thing, but it's remained fundamentally the same.

And about the iPhone 5. It maintains the iconic look while feeling a lot different than its predecessors. I really don't think you can do too much to a slate phone with one button on the front besides making it thinner, taller, and shinier.

Why would I think that? Because I have an opinion and I voice it.

The iPhone 5, I am not impressed. The 4s look is much better and again, this is MO. And I never said the looks of the phone/os would look radically different...just that it would look different to give it more appeal to the users. Dont have to make major changes, but if you are giving the same thing over and over....well, it gets old/stale after a while.

And cannot do much to a slate phone? According to Apple and their lawsuits on look/feel of other devices....you can.

That is not an education, it was and is common knowledge; especally since I was a Mac person then and still am today (1987).

I think when Jobs left, they lost their number 1 innovator.

That doesn't mean the company will sink, I just can't see them going and making products that "wow" us for a while.

For the people knocking iOS 6. What were you expecting? Apple to change their entire UI that every mobile phone users knows how to use, and with ease? They are never going to do that. They're not Android, they don't have to change the look and feel of the software at every ****ing release. Fragmentation at Apple is pretty much non-existent. If you're still using a 3x model device, you need to upgrade, or you need to stop whining about no more updates.

Apple is very much alive and very strong, and will continue to do what they do for a long time yet.

Disclaimer: I loved my iPhone 4. I love Android. I've just ordered a Lumia 920. I am no fanboy.