Text missing on homepage

So I've been seeing this for the last few weeks

post-5928-0-69168300-1354715062.png

Running Windows 8, Chrome v24 beta

The suspect CSS seems to be this

font-family: "Segoe WP Semibold", "Segoe UI Semibold", "Segoe UI Web Semibold", 'Segoe UI', Segoe, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif;
[/CODE]

If I remove the first two "Segoe WP Semibold", "Segoe UI Semibold", it works fine.

Also, I don't know if this is related, but Neowin does not load at all on Internet Explorer 10 for me. Just a blank blue background.

Chrome v24 beta

I could be wrong, but I don't believe Neowin supports browsers that are in Beta.

Try switching to a stable version and seeing if that makes a difference. Also, go through the usual steps (if you haven't already) like clearing your browser cache.

I'm running Firefox 17.0.1 on Windows XP and I'm not experiencing either of the issues you've mentioned.

EDIT: articuno1au, if the problem were to do with the database being worked on, would the OP have been experiencing these issues for weeks? Seems a bit odd to me, especially considering no one else has reported this happening to them.

@ Intrinsica - He just started working on it: http://www.neowin.ne...#entry595369876

Yep, but that's my point. The OP has said that he has been experiencing these issues for weeks. Of course, he hasn't said if the lack of text is a constant problem, or if it only happens occasionally. If sometimes it's ok and other times it isn't, I may be more inclined to believe it is to do with the DB.

I had a similar problem a while back and also reported it only to find rebooting the machine fixed it

I had tried about 3 browsers and weirdly they all had the same problem, so no idea why a reboot sorted it, unless the site was fixed while I was rebooting (unlikely)

Looks as if he has a messed up version of the segoe wp font. If this was a bit more widespread I'm sure we'd have a few more posts about it. So not really sure waht I can recommend, same goes with the IE issue. Seems to work fine on my end.

I had a similar problem a while back and also reported it only to find rebooting the machine fixed it

I had tried about 3 browsers and weirdly they all had the same problem, so no idea why a reboot sorted it, unless the site was fixed while I was rebooting (unlikely)

Confirmed. A restart fixed it.