Question

Posted

Yay! The wait is almost over and then I can get over having a shinny new thing :D (though, I hope it stays shinny for at least a few days and I can keep the back safe from crackage).

Looks like the Google Play store shipping estimate was conservative after all. Can't wait to see what all I can do with it. Coming from iPhone and only just dabbed a little in Android helping my wife with her phone (although she is very tech savvy herself) it should be quite a new experience for me.

28 answers to this question

Posted

[quote name='Shadrack' timestamp='1355516117' post='595391718']
That's very fortunate for you.

Meanwhile, I've been waiting for my replacement Nexus 4 to arrive. If they don't ship my replacement Nexus 4 today, then their original email that stated "ships less than a week" was a lie. Google Play support has been absolutely terrible throughout this whole process. They have $700 on my CC in charges and holds from this whole ordeal. They have $700 and I currently have nothing.

They received the defective Nexus 4 last Wednesday, but still have not removed the $350 hold on my credit card.

The last Google Play Store Support email indicates that they are getting a much higher than anticipated number of returned Nexus 4s due to defects.

If they do not have my replacement shipped by next Wednesday, I'm calling to cancel and ask for a full refund.
[/quote]

I read that they say the demand is so high that replacement shipping is delayed. Google, seriously, this Nexus 4 supply/launch is a hot mess.

I do hope Google's Nexus line take a huge hit so they learn to do better next time.

Posted

[quote name='Richteralan' timestamp='1355539386' post='595392474']
I read that they say the demand is so high that replacement shipping is delayed. Google, seriously, this Nexus 4 supply/launch is a hot mess.

I do hope Google's Nexus line take a huge hit so they learn to do better next time.
[/quote]

The thing is, I'm really routing for them. The idea sounds nice, an awesome unlocked smartphone at a reasonable price. But the delivery this round has been great for some, terrible for others. I thought I was in the first group when my original order shipped earlier than expected but soon discovered I was a poor sap in the later group.

Posted

Jesus some of you folks are lucky. I ordered mine (8 GB model) during the second wave (Nov 27th?) and it won't ship until January 2nd :angry: