Nexus 4 shipped a week early. Woot

Yay! The wait is almost over and then I can get over having a shinny new thing :D (though, I hope it stays shinny for at least a few days and I can keep the back safe from crackage).

Looks like the Google Play store shipping estimate was conservative after all. Can't wait to see what all I can do with it. Coming from iPhone and only just dabbed a little in Android helping my wife with her phone (although she is very tech savvy herself) it should be quite a new experience for me.

Congrats! I noticed it's been back in stock for the past couple of days with 5-6 week shipping, so they must be really pumping them out of the factory now. Hopefully, by the time I order mine (next month) there won't be any wait.

Lucky you, still got YBOD here as an original 1-2 weeker. Google is shipping out 2-3 week and 4-5 week orders already it seems but none for the -3 weeks (that's overdue 3 weeks) and the current 1-2 week people! :(

Congrats though, can't wait to get mine too :)

Ordered one the other day when they went on sale in the UK again. Estimated 1-2 weeks shipping. I just can't wait! I don't remember the last time I was this excited about a mobile device.

I hope you enjoy it! :D

Got it today. So far I must say, I'm in love. This thing is so friggen fast. Tomorrow will be the best test for battery life as I play with it all day.

Congrats. Let us know what you think. I'm just a little jealous, haha.

How do you know it shipped a week early when you're not told when it's going to ship when you order it? I ordered one the other week, but all it did was give me a range of how long it will take to ship.

How do you know it shipped a week early when you're not told when it's going to ship when you order it? I ordered one the other week, but all it did was give me a range of how long it will take to ship.

Because when I ordered it, it said "ships in 2-3 weeks" and it was shipped in 1 week.

Because when I ordered it, it said "ships in 2-3 weeks" and it was shipped in 1 week.

That's what I figured, but I wanted to see if you received some type of concrete notification. I'm still waiting for mine. :(

Wow, i got a 1-2 weeks shipping and i'm still hoping for it to arrive sooner. I need to travel on the 20th so if it wont get here until then it will just wait for me for a week :(

Yay! The wait is almost over and then I can get over having a shinny new thing :D (though, I hope it stays shinny for at least a few days and I can keep the back safe from crackage).

Looks like the Google Play store shipping estimate was conservative after all. Can't wait to see what all I can do with it. Coming from iPhone and only just dabbed a little in Android helping my wife with her phone (although she is very tech savvy herself) it should be quite a new experience for me.

Use common sense and it won't crack or scratch.

I use mine naked without any front/back protectors for a week with no scratches.

Worked great for a day and a half and then I found it bricked on the charger :(. Won't boot. Messed with it all day Saturday and couldn't get pass the "Google" screen. Called Google support and they said it was probably defective so they are sending me a new Nexus 4. Hopefully just chalk this up to a defective unit and hopefully my next one won't croak on me.

Worked great for a day and a half and then I found it bricked on the charger :(. Won't boot. Messed with it all day Saturday and couldn't get pass the "Google" screen. Called Google support and they said it was probably defective so they are sending me a new Nexus 4. Hopefully just chalk this up to a defective unit and hopefully my next one won't croak on me.

That's sad to hear. Did you tried to hold volume down and power to get into bootloader?

That's sad to hear. Did you tried to hold volume down and power to get into bootloader?

Yeah. Some folks in The Verge forum helped me. I did do that, I was able to get into the bootloader, but the Recovery boot option resulted in the same "Google" lingering on the screen for eternity. Some suggested that the Nexus 4 Tools may be able to recover the phone by re-flashing the bootrom. If the phone were more than 6 months old I might have considered it.. 2 days used? Nah, let Google's play support honor my warranty and give me new hardware.

My only concern at the moment is they made it a point to list out in my RMA email that:

UNDERSTAND YOUR WARRANTY COVERAGE

You will incur additional charges up to the full price of your device if our service center determines that the damage to your original device isn?t covered under warranty. Typical exclusions are cracked LCD screens and devices that have been wet or affected by power spikes. Please refer to the warranty card in the Nexus 4 packaging or visit www.lg.com for details on the LG limited warranty.

That part that I put in bold there concerns me because so many defects they could just chalk up to a power spike and not honor their warranty. If they pull those kinds of shenanigans on me, I will be ****ed. It isn't like anything else in my house stopped working because of a power spike. Idk, that just looks like a weasel out of whatever we feel like kind of policy to me. Unless you have definitive proof of a power surge hitting the phone (which can be tough to prove), you should just honor the warranty.

Yeah. Some folks in The Verge forum helped me. I did do that, I was able to get into the bootloader, but the Recovery boot option resulted in the same "Google" lingering on the screen for eternity. Some suggested that the Nexus 4 Tools may be able to recover the phone by re-flashing the bootrom. If the phone were more than 6 months old I might have considered it.. 2 days used? Nah, let Google's play support honor my warranty and give me new hardware.

My only concern at the moment is they made it a point to list out in my RMA email that:

That part that I put in bold there concerns me because so many defects they could just chalk up to a power spike and not honor their warranty. If they pull those kinds of shenanigans on me, I will be ****ed. It isn't like anything else in my house stopped working because of a power spike. Idk, that just looks like a weasel out of whatever we feel like kind of policy to me. Unless you have definitive proof of a power surge hitting the phone (which can be tough to prove), you should just honor the warranty.

I doubt they can really check for that since the charger already has power spike protection.

Google's RMA process is very easy. Hope you can get your replacement soon!

I doubt they can really check for that since the charger already has power spike protection.

Google's RMA process is very easy. Hope you can get your replacement soon!

Well that is a relief. Oddly, I suspect that the charger caused the problem! I had been using the wallwart that came with my iPad (its just USB out for any USB based charger) and it had worked fine. I grabbed my LG charger from the box and put it down stairs and it was the first time I had used it that ended up with my phone being dead....

I got an email this morning telling me that my phone shipped. Woot. I went back and looked at the order confirmation email that I got 2 weeks ago when I ordered the phone, and it said "will ship in 4-5 weeks". So I now understand how you knew your phone shipped early, Shadrack. Seems like my phone did too.

Sorry to hear about your phone. I hope mine doesn't succumb to the same bricking problem as your phone. I wouldn't worry about Google weaseling their way out of your warranty. They have so much money and other stuff to worry about, replacing a phone here or there is less than peanuts for them.

My UPS tracking states that my phone will be here tomorrow. Woo hoo.

Though, the new story on Neowin's front page has me worried. Why would Google pull the factory image? :| I wonder if something in the image is causing the bricking issue some people are reporting.