If you didn't have to worry about battery life, what would you do diffe

I would run GPS tracking software 24/7 :D And Coverage Map.

Maybe I would have an animated wallpaper.

Also, perhaps I would make my phone record audio constantly (maybe an auto-prune at 500 MB). Not sure why - could be useful at some point!

On my phone, not much different, except have bluetooth and NFC on all the time. I have GPS and mobile data enabled at all times, and I get 12-14 hours based on my current usage (~1.5 hr. screen time, 100-150 texts/day, phone calls vary from 5 mins/day - 2 hrs/day). I'd say that's pretty good battery life.

On my tablet, I leave everything enabled, and I can usually go 1-2 full days.

Constant Wifi, max brightness (unless using in a dark room) Screen set to never turn off

WiFi will consumer less power than your mobile data radios, so it's beneficial to have WiFi for power-savings (and possibly speed benefits).

WiFi will consumer less power than your mobile data radios, so it's beneficial to have WiFi for power-savings (and possibly speed benefits).

Ah my droid is a tablet so no radios :)

I generally do not worry about my battery life however, if i knew it would never go dead I would probably keep BT and GPS on all the time. as well as my screen brightness all the way up.

I don't usually worry about battery life on anything but my phone.

So i think the only thing i'd do is run the brightness turned up a bit more.

This is in the mobile section, so I mean phones...

Well... I would play games without worriying about going low on battery

My question is - would you play more games on it?

Hasn't really ever been an issue for me on both my phone (N 900) or tablet (Fire HD). Just doesn't get a lot of use and have yet to stress about battery life.. calls, minor GPS or Office use on the phone, don't even use bluetooth. Light reading and the occasional SSH/RDP session on the tablet, once in a long while I'll fire up HBO Go, that's about it. Neither one does what I really need them to do for mobile work, most of the "heavy lifting" is done by a laptop.

If battery life wasn't an issue I'd get a Surface Pro and ditch the laptop entirely in a heartbeat, give the Android to my daughter who'd probably get a lot more entertainment value out of it than I do. Doesn't last long enough though and batteries (as far as I know) aren't swappable, so a little skeptical about using it for work purposes. Still eventually getting one though for home use if anything.

Not a lot different really.

I pretty much always return home several times a day if i happen to be out so always time for charging (i work from home).

This means i always have brightness up full as well as always have WiFi on etc.

My question is - would you play more games on it?

I already play a lot, while my battery would last 5 days without a recharge (2g networks), when playing I consume it all :D (sixaxis through bluetooth, plus the game themselves ...)

I would run Inrix Traffic more to help them have more data for more areas, I would have wifi on all the time as well as 3G. I can keep my bluetooth on as well. I would be able to have my GPS on all the time as well.

Isucks how battery life is such an issue that we can't use our phone's full potential all the time.... all this power and features and it's all held back by battery life... :(

Also having better wifi access points as well... I get way better battery life since I got my amped wireless stuff. my phone would have 2 or 3 bars in the bedroom and 1-2 downstairs and on the back porch with my old netgear router... now it has 5 bars in my whole house and 4-5 out on the back porch.... if the phone has to struggle with a bad signal it drains it as well... weak networks of any type make a weak battery. when I was stuck in the derecho without power for a week and very weak 3G signal from the storm my battery would die faster then a black guy in a horror movie. :( if my 3G signal is good my battery life is good.

Honestly I usually leave my brightness on full and 3G on, use Spotify for hours a day and still get a full day's battery out of it :p

There aren't many games I'd like to play on my phone (Lumia 800) so I doubt I'd play much more on there then I already do. I'd just end up being a lot more appreciaitive that I don't have to worry about charging my phone at night!

• 3 weeks later...