Photo

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 08 December 2012 - 13:13

My question is - would you play more games on it?

I already play a lot, while my battery would last 5 days without a recharge (2g networks), when playing I consume it all :D (sixaxis through bluetooth, plus the game themselves ...)

#17 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 08 December 2012 - 13:14

I would run Inrix Traffic more to help them have more data for more areas, I would have wifi on all the time as well as 3G. I can keep my bluetooth on as well. I would be able to have my GPS on all the time as well.

Isucks how battery life is such an issue that we can't use our phone's full potential all the time.... all this power and features and it's all held back by battery life... :(

#18 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 08 December 2012 - 13:19

Never pay my electricity bill!

#19 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 08 December 2012 - 13:23

WiFi will consumer less power than your mobile data radios, so it's beneficial to have WiFi for power-savings (and possibly speed benefits).

Also having better wifi access points as well... I get way better battery life since I got my amped wireless stuff. my phone would have 2 or 3 bars in the bedroom and 1-2 downstairs and on the back porch with my old netgear router... now it has 5 bars in my whole house and 4-5 out on the back porch.... if the phone has to struggle with a bad signal it drains it as well... weak networks of any type make a weak battery. when I was stuck in the derecho without power for a week and very weak 3G signal from the storm my battery would die faster then a black guy in a horror movie. :( if my 3G signal is good my battery life is good.

#20 The Teej

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian

Posted 08 December 2012 - 13:29

Honestly I usually leave my brightness on full and 3G on, use Spotify for hours a day and still get a full day's battery out of it :p

There aren't many games I'd like to play on my phone (Lumia 800) so I doubt I'd play much more on there then I already do. I'd just end up being a lot more appreciaitive that I don't have to worry about charging my phone at night!

#21 migo

migo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:49

I wouldn't charge my phone

Yeah, this. It's already pretty much at the point that I don't worry about battery life on my PlayBook, aside from having to remember to charge it every few days.

#22 greenwizard88

greenwizard88

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:08

Nothing. I keep my Bluetooth and wifi on all of the time, and my NFC messed up with a radio I keep in my pocket, so I still couldn't turn that on :p

#23 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:24

sell my ipod and get a better data plan!