• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

#16 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• 1,776 posts
  • Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 06 December 2012 - 00:14

Well that guy has lost his right to own firearms for life.

Right, because that's what's most important here. :rolleyes: God forbid he lose his rights to own a firearm!

#17 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 00:16

^ It is considered an important right here in the US.

#18 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 00:17

Right, because that's what's most important here. :rolleyes: God forbid he lose his rights to own a firearm!

He will now. He used a .22 and if we followed U.K standards he still could of got his hands on a .22 and did the same thing..

#19 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,954 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 00:19

The replies here are quite mild by comparison, in the other thread about the guy that executed the burglars a lot of the gun nuts were defending him. Rationality and US gun culture aren't particularly good bedfellows.

#20 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 00:22

The replies here are quite mild by comparison, in the other thread about the guy that executed the burglars a lot of the gun nuts were defending him. Rationality and US gun culture aren't particularly good bedfellows.

Who was defending him, Why do you insist in insulting people that own firearms?

#21 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,568 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 00:25

I'm sorry, but I busted out laughing at the line from the defense attorney: "the gun accidently went off". Yeah, just like it accidently ended up in his hands, accidently loaded and accidently aimed at her.

#22 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• 1,871 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 00:33

dont think hes a very good call of duty player with that type of aim!!

#23 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,880 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:59

technically, he asked her to leave and she didnt ... he then went and got the gun and shot her... he was within his rights to do so, regardless of how the situation came about.

I'm not sure where you're from where it's OK to shoot someone in the back just because they didn't leave right away, but it's not Earth.

He may be technically correct....

(Varys from state to state) If someone envades your private property and you ask them to leave and they refuse, you have a right to shoot them. Now, it depends on state to state if you can "just do it" (sorry Nike) or if you can only do it if they pose a threat to you.

He might just get away with this one :(

The Castle Doctrine, right? That's only if you're in fear of your life. Otherwise you could just shoot door salesmen etc.

#24 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,458 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:30

I was making a general statement about the situation, your comment is not appreciated. Gun ownership is a paramount right of every human being in today's world, much like the ability to carry and wield a sword in the days before guns were mass produced. Without the right to arm yourself, you are incapable of "really" defending yourself against tyranny in government, much less anything else. Try fighting a bobcat off your chickens with a machete, I dare you, you'll find out real quick a 5.56 round is much faster and safer. I mean really, if the government of the UK decided to enforce a curfew, confiscate privately owned land, and allow the sheriff of every town to rape one female citizen of his choosing every night, under the protection of armed guards, what could you "really" do since the majority of you are not allowed to own a gun? You could organize a little resistance, maybe kill a couple people when they weren't looking, but unless foreign governments started sending stuff to you, you would be totally helpless. What do you think happens to people without guns when they try to stand up to people with guns? Read your history man (generic, no gender specific term, in case you are a woman), this is a very important right that he just forfeited by making a very stupid and potentially lethal decision.

On the castle doctrine, you have to be in fear for your life, I'm fairly certain of that. There's all kinds of things you can do to remove somebody from your property before shooting them becomes a reasonable response. If the bullet struck her in the back, she obviously wasn't facing or attacking him.

#25 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,880 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:22

^ Most of the population in the UK don't WANT to own guns. Our society is, generally, much safer without them thanks.

As for your hyperbole about defending yourself from your government; it's just that. Hyperbole. If such a thing could happen, it already would have.

#26 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:41

He will now. He used a .22 and if we followed U.K standards he still could of got his hands on a .22 and did the same thing..

The difference is our culture doesnt glorify guns so if this was in the UK he probably wouldn't have had a .22 in the first place.

#27 Tuishimi

Tuishimi

Michinator

• 843 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:48

^ Most of the population in the UK don't WANT to own guns. Our society is, generally, much safer without them thanks.

As for your hyperbole about defending yourself from your government; it's just that. Hyperbole. If such a thing could happen, it already would have.

http://www.dailymail...Africa-U-S.html

http://www.telegraph...itas-study.html

#28 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:51

http://www.nationmas...me-total-crimes

#29 Som

Som

Neowinian

• 767 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:53

This. God, what a complete idiot with no perspective whatsoever. Over a f**ing TV show to boot?? Unreal.

i'm sure there's more to the argument,they just stuck the walking dead in their so they'd get more people reading the article...

#30 HighwayGlider

HighwayGlider

Neowinian Senior

• 1,821 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:31

And no one mentioned that the gf looks nice.