• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

#46 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 17:25

Really? It has happened..

Rarely, this happens at least every week in the US, some idiot shoots someone over something trivial, and those are the ones that are actually reported in the press, it could be many more.

#47 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,637 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 17:26

But people do own .22's there even shotguns, if I remember a year or so back a chap went on a killing spree with a shotgun.

Sure, things aren't perfect over here, but unlike you we usually apply the lessons learned to stop it happening again.

#48 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,237 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 17:28

Sure, things aren't perfect over here, but unlike you we usually apply the lessons learned to stop it happening again.

You can't stop crazy.

#49 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 17:50

You can when you don't let everyone have guns.

#50 Javik

Javik

• 5,637 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 17:52

What he said. Killing sprees over here are incredibly rare because of how hard it is to obtain the kind of weapons you need to facilitate them. In America they're becoming more commonplace because you people never learn.

#51 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,322 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 06 December 2012 - 18:03

I want to reply with something meaningful but our pro-gun friends sprouting same thing over over again and again, and I lost my interest.

#52 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,148 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 18:03

Dude looks rough for being 26.

He looks really old. I mean i'm 35 and i don't look much older than him.

#53 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,237 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 18:04

What he said. Killing sprees over here are incredibly rare because of how hard it is to obtain the kind of weapons you need to facilitate them. In America they're becoming more commonplace because you people never learn.

Still the U.K has the highest violent crime rates of all of Europe, proving that you can't stop a determined individual, banning guns wont stop anything. People will continue to be murdered by crazy lunatics until the end of time, no law will ever stop them. They'll simply either get them illegally or they'll use something else. If guns and responsible gun owners are the problem then how do people get out of gun shows alive? and not to mention shooting ranges.. Its not the law abiding gun owners you have to worry about,people need to report suspicious behavior. If people would do the right thing and report their family members or friends or anyone they think could be capable of doing such horrible things then some of the shootings could be prevented.

The laws are in place they just need to be utilized and people need to report suspicious activity or threats.

#54 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 18:09

Still the U.K has the highest violent crime rates of all of Europe, proving that you can't stop a determined individual, banning guns wont stop anything.

It'll stop news articles like this, or the guy that shot someone in a garage because they were playing music too loud, or the kid that was murdered by his next door neighbour who walked out and shot him without provocation thinking he was the kid that broke into his house.

If you remove the gun you remove the opportunist murderers who would probably have second thoughts about going up close and personal and sticking a knife into someones gut while looking into their eyes.

Having a gun removes you from the situation.

#55 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,237 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 18:13

It'll stop news articles like this, or the guy that shot someone in a garage because they were playing music too loud, or the kid that was murdered by his next door neighbour who walked out and shot him without provocation thinking he was the kid that broke into his house.

If you remove the gun you remove the opportunist murderers who would probably have second thoughts about going up close and personal and sticking a knife into someones gut while looking into their eyes.

Having a gun removes you from the situation.

No it doesn't I posted a thread about a guy killing someone with a knife then going to his university and using a cross bow to shoot his father in law in the head.Removing guns doesn't stop a determined individual period.

#56 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 18:15

I'm not talking about the determined individual, I'm talking about the kind of person who is quick tempered who has a gun to hand and the wrong state of mind to pull it out and shoot someone before stopping to think or cool down, like the guy in this news article.

#57 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,237 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 18:16

I'm not talking about the determined individual, I'm talking about the kind of person who is quick tempered who has a gun to hand and the wrong state of mind to pull it out and shoot someone before stopping to think or cool down.

So you don't think they could use a knife to stab someone to death?

#58 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 18:21

I'm done, its just going round and round in circles, enjoy your assault rifles. I'm not trying to take it out of your hands I'm just trying to make you see it from the other side of the fence but you care more about that peice of metal than you do peoples lives which is par for the course of the average american.

OMG 2ND AMENDMENT...........

#59 Javik

Javik

• 5,637 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 18:24

Still the U.K has the highest violent crime rates of all of Europe, proving that you can't stop a determined individual, banning guns wont stop anything. People will continue to be murdered by crazy lunatics until the end of time, no law will ever stop them. They'll simply either get them illegally or they'll use something else. If guns and responsible gun owners are the problem then how do people get out of gun shows alive? and not to mention shooting ranges.. Its not the law abiding gun owners you have to worry about,people need to report suspicious behavior. If people would do the right thing and report their family members or friends or anyone they think could be capable of doing such horrible things then some of the shootings could be prevented.

The laws are in place they just need to be utilized and people need to report suspicious activity or threats.

Only assaults. When it comes to rape and murder, you're still way ahead of us. The only difference between a "responsible" gun owner and a lunatic is the kill count. I have no doubt that your temption to use lethal force would have a lower threshold than mine simply because you possess the gun.

#60 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,237 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 18:37

I'm done, its just going round and round in circles, enjoy your assault rifles. I'm not trying to take it out of your hands I'm just trying to make you see it from the other side of the fence but you care more about that peice of metal than you do peoples lives which is par for the course of the average american.

OMG 2ND AMENDMENT...........

I don't own any assault rifles, also I don't like it when innocent people get murdered either, I don't advocate it or support it at all.I just would like to have protection from the people that would do those things. You want me to see your side but you don't see mine either, I think while that piece of metal could do harm to innocent people it could do harm to the people that want to harm you or me.

A gun is neither good or bad, a gun in the hands of a bad person is what you have to worry about, a gun in the hands of a good person (which there are more of than bad) is a threat to no one except a bad guy with a gun,or a knife. I support the laws that are on the books now, I think they need to be enforced a lot better. The laws on the books are plenty enough,its just that the government doesn't enforce them to their full potential.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!