Photo

My SSD Only Supports 500MB's Read and 175 MB's Write!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#46 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:17

*laughs out loud* this is quality internets

#47 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:23

Look, the OP came here to gloat, not looking for advice. He seems happy with his setup in his own roundabout way and he probably wouldn't be able to tell the different between running off an SSD and running off a FDD.

The truth is that he doesn't need the power because his computational needs are basic (not running any intensive apps), and he just likes to play around with Operating Systems and keeping his prized Apple hardware intact, as this is all just his hobby.

I have seen from previous threads that he has a mental illness. So guys cut him some slack, it's not easy living with a mental illness. He is quite happy with this setup and he is getting satisfactory performance to him.

If he feels the need in the future to go even faster, he can make the decision for himself to do the upgrade when his Mac Mini is out of warranty and then he will have nothing to lose .
(personally I would just do the upgrade now and keep the original drive spare for warranty purposes, and switch it back if I needed to send it in, as the Mac Minis are dead simple to work on unlike all other Apple hardware and it is the one thing you can easily take apart without breaking anything).

#48 Mando

Mando

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Note ICS

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:24

WRONG! IT IS GETTING ALMOST FULL SPEED AS IT IS GETTING 480 MB'S A SECOND OUT OFF 500 MB'S A SECOND!

I EVEN PLAYED STAR TREK D-A-C (FROM THE MAC APP STORE) YESTERDAY AND HAD NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER!

Well done sir, youve invented a new performance bandwidth for USB 2, your confusing Megabits with Megabytes, even a SATAIII SSD struggles to hit 480Mb (megaBYTES)/sec Read/writes on SATAIII/USB 3.0

you should come up with an aftermarket solution, you could make millions selling it to users with usb 2 but want usb3 speeds.

Edited by Intrinsica, 10 December 2012 - 09:57. Reason: Removed offensive word.

#49 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:33

Seriously... Never try and argue with an autism sufferer. They don't back down, even in the face of proof.

#50 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:39

This thread ought to be locked and the OP's posts largely ignored, just like those of a certain banned member with the initials A.B.

#51 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:49

a certain banned member with the initials A.B.

an autism sufferer

#52 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:54

This thread ought to be locked...

Agreed, this thread has run its course. Now people are just bashing the OP.

<Thread Closed>