SwiftKey Flow public beta

Bought Swiftkey some time ago, never use it because it handles multiple languages in a way I don't like (and auto space doesn't work)

Been using Swiftkey for several months now and never have an issue with auto spacing though. installed flow this morning.

Been using Swiftkey for several months now and never have an issue with auto spacing though. installed flow this morning.

Auto space doesn't work if you have 2 or more languages installed

I never had issues with auto space either. I use three languages with mine, and I like it. The only thing I don't like is that it adds extra characters on the keyboard depending on the language enabled, making all of the letters smaller. Annoyingly, it doesn't happen with German (I have to long-press regular characters to go to special ones), but it slaps the Slavic characters on the keyboard itself.

I installed Flow btw, like it so far. Swiping to the left across the keyboard doesn't delete the last word anymore, though :( I honestly can't believe how much I've gotten used to that.

Give me the speed of the stock keyboard + autocorrect capabilities of Swiftkey, and you got yourself a winner. I use Swiftkey, because of the amazing autocorrect capabilities, but it's always slow to initialize and popup on my screen when I click on a text entry field (vs. stock keyboard). I especially love the new 4.2 stock keyboard with Swype like abilities. Swype is just irrelevant now...

nope, autospace still not working

Thisis is updated to "This is" correctly

in dutch

Ditis is corrected to Doris

uninstall....

Exactly....crappy keyboard

Standard Android keyboard does it perfectly

Crappy for you at least. Have you filed a bug report with Swiftkey?

in dutch

uninstall....

Typed the same phrase in Serbian, it's working. Might be an issue with the Dutch language module.

Screenshot_2012-12-06-14-40-42.png

Yeah, it probably has to do with dutch and certain other languages as I'm not the only one with smart space issues

They should add a language selector

How does it compare to the Android 4.2 keyboard? I like it better than Swype already, but I haven't tried this out.

Smart space works on the 4.2 keyboard :p and predictions are quite good

in dutch

uninstall....

It does it the first time you use it but after a while it learns what words and phrases you commonly use and stops making mistakes like that. At least that is how it has worked for me with Swedish and English and I use a lot of English words and phrases when writing in Swedish.

I know but how long does that take. Typing with Swiftkey takes longer atm because I have to fix too many mistakes

For me I usually have to select the correct word once or twice in the top bar. From my understanding of it the word you type is always there (from the beginning to the left if you haven't used it before and later in the middle so that space works and it moves it suggestion from the middle to the left).

I have gotten used to almost always using the top buttons instead of space as it is as fast and I know that it will insert the correct word. Think of it as having 3 space keys at the top!

When I type "Ditis" it doesn't give me the right option. I have to delete the word and retype with a space

When I type it is goes like this (My typing below the 3 buttons, Swedish and English wordlists) :

[D] [Det] [Du]

D

[Di] [Dishonored] [Du]

Di

[Ditt] [Dit] [Det]

Dit

[Ditt] [Diti] [Det]

Diti

[Dishonored] [Ditis] [Ditt]

Ditis

If i press space it inserts Ditis

Sounds like there is some problem with your word/language list. Try sending an email to the developer.

One thing is that I always ignore the learning process from sms/email/facebook/whatever. Might be that if you used that it picked up some strange rules?

Got the email and downloaded Flow this morning but I haven't been able to get the language pack downloaded because I'm guessing their servers are getting hammered right now. Can't use it until I can get a language pack to install. :(

Got the email and downloaded Flow this morning but I haven't been able to get the language pack downloaded because I'm guessing their servers are getting hammered right now. Can't use it until I can get a language pack to install. :(

Clear recent apps and try again. It took me a few tries, but managed to do it in the end.

It isnt

It isn't just for Flow. After seeing this I forgot to download Swiftkey after updating my S3 to 4.1.1 on AT&T yesterday so went to download it, and getting the same error. BTW it just seems to be the English pack, lol, I pressed Espanol (US) by accident and it started downloading instantly.