To Note (2) or not to Note (2)...that is THE question

Thanks to EVERYONE who has posted on this thread - you helped me make the jump from GNex to note 2 - well worth the change!

-----------------

If anyone wants a rooted white Gnex unlocked retail device with a Samsung official black rear grill cover, UK charger, neoprene pouch, pack of screen protectors & Kidigi car dock let me know. There are unfortunately a couple of scratches on the display, one of which is about 1cm long & can be felt by a finger nail.

All of the above ?225 ono...serious offers only pls...PM me.

-----------------

Best regards

I was in a similar position like you. One of the reasons why I wanted a Note 2 was because it had 2GB Ram and bigger battery however I ended up picking Galaxy S3 as i carry my phone everywhere including the gym and note 2 would have been uncomfortable for me. Loving the S3 so far.

Can anyone point me in the direction of THE best car dock you can get for the Note II? Ideally an official GN2 Samsung one (I cant seem to find anywhere)

Thanks

Amazing the power of Google! :D

http://www.shopandroid.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2-car-kits-and-mounts.htm

http://www.arkon.com/Galaxy-Note/slimgrip-galaxy-note-car-mount.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-OEM-SAMSUNG-GALAXY-NOTE-2-II-N7100-VEHICLE-CAR-MOUNT-STAND-HOLDER-CRADLE-/120977769435

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd update this thread with the news that the chipset in my GN2 went pop so I swapped out for a Lumia 920 & it is MUCH better than a GN2 - L920 is best phone I've ever used :-)

I don't like the Note 2. I would choose a different Android device. I recently posted a similar topic and said I was gonna get the Note 2 but I decided to go with another Android phone. Don't know which one because all of the good ones come with non-removable batteries. However I do like the Note 2 features.

I've had my Note 2 for about a month. It's the best phone that I've ever had. It does so many things and does them well. I actually find myself using it in circumstances where I once used my tablet. The battery life is very decent. The screen and the audio is superb. My wife says she thinks I love my phone more than I love her. The one feature I don't use that much and I thought I would is the S-Pen. Maybe in time.

• Like 1

I've been seriously considering getting the Note 2 and just get frustrated over Sprint keeping it $299 although I did just look it up on Amazon Wireless and saw it for $149.99 with contract. wow can that be correct. When is the Note 3 coming out - Probably the day after I buy the Note 2. Thats usually how that goes.

I've had my Note 2 for about a month. It's the best phone that I've ever had. It does so many things and does them well. I actually find myself using it in circumstances where I once used my tablet. The battery life is very decent. The screen and the audio is superb. My wife says she thinks I love my phone more than I love her. The one feature I don't use that much and I thought I would is the S-Pen. Maybe in time.

Funny. Thanks for the information. My daughters boyfriend has one and he loves it and amazing watching him run it with just one hand. Really like the size of it. Have read recent articles on Sumsung coming out with the Note 3 and another 6 + inch phone. Wowzer. I do like a larger phone with my 10 inch hands. It's ridiculous for my trying to continue to use this HTC Hero (Keep laughing to a minimum please :)

I have had the entire Samsung Galaxy range so far, and at the moment I have a Note 2, The phone is really good, I have found no issues with it so far, the size is different to get used to, but once used to it you will wonder how you ever had a smaller one!! I would recommend one defo :)

Spot on!

Thought i'd ask around...

I have a Galaxy Nexus on sim only paying ?12.90/month on three UK...I have been frustrated with the Android 4.2 random reboots that are driving me nuts.

I am considering a Note 2, however I am loathe to go back to a contract with any phone provider if I can avoid it.

I have been offered the Galaxy Note 2 (no upfront handset fee) for ?38/month on 3. This has 500mins, unlimited data, 5000 texts...

I ONLY need 200 mins & three are not offering me a cheaper deal that covers 200 minutes which is pretty annoying!! Their contract plans are rigid even for long term customers which sucks.

Do you guys think I should stick it out with a randomly rebooting sim only Galaxy Nexus or is the Note 2 really that good that I would be silly not to upgrade with their offer?

Thanks guys

Regards

If you're looking to spend a little bit less money, I had a play with the Huawei Ascend Mate this week, its significantly cheaper than the Note II but still offered a pretty sweet big screen experience

I've had my Note 2 for five months and as has been pointed out above, it's an amazing phone. Powerful, great screen and just amazing battery life.

The other thing that's great about the Note 2 (and most Samsung phones) is that there are so many different custom ROMs and Kernels to choose from. Samsung's are a breeze to root and simple to change ROMs. It means you can really customise your phone, whether you want to stick with Touchwiz based ROMs or go for Android 4.2.2 ROMs. May of the other brands (Huawei, LG etc) have almost no development scene at all and can be very difficult to root.

• 4 months later...

I just got a Note 2 (7") via - of all places - HSN (using it as a tablet - not a phone)..  (I went with the tablet option because I already have a phone, but didn't have a tablet, and I loathe the idea of a separate data contract - which I would need if I went with a smartphone of any sort).  Yes - an admitted tablet rookie now has a tablet.  The issue is connect5ing to the router (Netgear WNDR37800v4 with latest factory firmware).  I'm using the lower 2.4G band and thus N (not G) - however even right next to the router I'm having issues keeping a connection.  (WPA2).

Never said otherwise. I am only a rookie to tablets _ not Samsung. My current phone is Samsung, in fact.