Photo

Which tool secures my internet connection?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 06 December 2012 - 18:48

^^ he would need to disable cookies and java script to get the most effective from "prying eyes", along with VPN, tor, etc

yeah, tor comes with noscript too.
I am not an expert on this, the point I was trying to make was that was I suggested was me trying to help secure the connection. not the OP's computer.

#17 +BudMan

BudMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 84
  • OS: Win7, Vista, 2k3, 2k8, XP, Linux, FreeBSD, OSX, etc. etc.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 19:34

But in his post he states

"how can I secure my computer when I surf the Internet. I would like to try something really good"

His post is akin to asking what car I should buy. Without context I might as well ask neowin what I should have for dinner - I want something good. So some people will suggest steak, others pasta, others tofu - maybe I hate tofu, am I allergic to mushrooms?

These threads spin out of control with wild guesses to what the OP actually is looking for - just as bad as when users ask for BEST X, best at what? You need context to be able to give advice. It is impossible to say something is the BEST anything without things to use in comparison to the other options.

If I say an Audi is the best car - best at what? MPG, acceleration, handling??

#18 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 06 December 2012 - 19:37

yeah ill admit i didnt read the post, i just saw the title and replied. I noticed the post was 1 sentence and assumed it was saying the same thing as the title.
fact is, nobodys post is wrong, because like you said, OP didnt tell us enough info.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!