Has satan possed my xp?

Since I have had xp it randmoly restarts. I have no clue why but its really annoying. Now, my friend bought a new dell w/ xp and his does the same thing. Anyone have any clue why its being so dumb?

yes, i had this once, the problem is havind "DirectCD" installed on my computer, so what i done is, i removed easy cd creator 5, reinstalled it, but i un-selected the option to install direct cd :p

hope that helps guys

remember :evil: statan :evil: only does that 2 naughty computers :D

the best to avoid these kind of problems is to insall XP as a standart PC (no ACPI ****).

when the windows xp installation starts (the first one) you will see in the status bar at the bottom press F6 to install raid. press F5 and select Standart PC (there are more options when you move up).

IF you already installed XP then go into the device Manager and under computer Computer right click properties on ACPI go in drivers, update drivers, click next, select the second option, (display a list of the known drivers for this)... click next and then select show all hardware for this device class and pick Standard Computer.

Originally posted by Toker

Ah,

go to system properties,advanced tab,and turn off all that startup and recovery crap OFF! that will solve your problem!

thats pretty much the answer right there. just right click on the "my computer", go down to properties then click on the advanced tab.

Go down to the "startup and recovery" settings button and click that then uncheck the "automatically restart" box.