podcasts windows phone 8

Hello,

I am looking at a Nokia lumia 920, I have a lumia 710 and the podcasting updates over the air. They was setup before the update so I know that does not work anymore. Are things on windows phone 8 better? I am in the uk so I know I didn't have the podcast directory on my phone. Is this present for uk users if anyone has one here? If not does it support updating over the air? Podcasts are the second most wanted thing on my phone. If none of these work then I might have to look at another phone.

Thanks

Richard

I also don't get the podcast directory on my 8X living in Greece, so I dunno about the UK actually. At this point I'm using a pdocast app (podcasts pro) which lets me find and download them to my phone. The only problem is that they only show up through the app once downloaded and not in the music+video hub under podcasts. They play through the phones player though and thus work in the background and all that good stuff. I haven't dug much into the app but I don't think it updates the shows I've set as favorites automatically. That means you'll have to manually download them, but you can have it d/l in the background.

I really don\t get why podcasts have to be limited to some markets, this seems like another bit of stupidity but I dunno if it's because of copyrights/licensing or just MS being slow and stupid about this.

Thanks for responding! I dont get the directory on my uk 710. But i have put some podcasts on which update over the air. You cannot make it do that now with the latest update on the Windows phone 7 software. So i cannot add anymore podcasts with out syncing them from my computer. Which is really pathetic in this day age. Thats like how podcasts used to be on the iphone in 2007! I am going to do with Microsoft being slow and stupid for this one. If it was not for the camera on the 920 i would be looking at an android phone.