NEW YouTube layout

YouTube has undergone a massive UI change, almost nothing has been left untouched. Be sure to check it out now!

The interface almost looks metro inspired!

Looks flat and Metro on IE 10 only. Still looks like the previous design on Chrome. Wonder if it's supposed to do that...

EDIT: Here's a pic, BTW:

post-420821-0-50083800-1354854864.png

Looks like Google is following MS Metro UI. But that is horrible and wastes so much space. That is example of one bad design.

• Like 2

Extremely awful. So much wasted space. Why the **** is everything squished to the left side? I have a 1920x1200 resolution, and I may as well be on 800x600 for this crap. Good thing there are a few userstyles and userscripts available to help make this change not as horrible. Unfortunately, all of my old scripts are broken. That is kind of a deal breaker for me.

just delete your youtube cookies if you want to go back to the old layout

it's not permanent yet

edit: or maybe it is permanent now :/ i had just got it for the first time today and was able to revert it back by deleting the youtube cookies, but now it's back to the new layout again and i can't get it back :(

It is for me. It looks like accounts are getting a permanent hit on it in waves so some of us are getting it and have no way to revert. Looks like waves started on 12/6.

It is for me. It looks like accounts are getting a permanent hit on it in waves so some of us are getting it and have no way to revert. Looks like waves started on 12/6.

yeah it just went permanent on me too :/ even though i had just reverted it back to the old layout earlier today

Microsoft makes windows look terrible with their latest OS. Google makes youtube look terrible with their latest update. What is this? The year of ruining UIs?

Confirmed permanent now! I can't see anyway to revert to old at the moment, if you can do it please post info.

Love they added the 1/3rd screen ad...Must have taken them weeks to decide on that element. Come on Google! This is 2012, where are our elements based on screen width? Is it hard to add width=50%?

I do agree I'm currently running off 1080x1920 and the amount of white space that ISN'T centred it ridiculous however I do like the flat layout with the controls etc

Love they added the 1/3rd screen ad...Must have taken them weeks to decide on that element. Come on Google! This is 2012, where are our elements based on screen width? Is it hard to add width=50%?

yeah this is annoying... and even mobile devices are getting larger resolutions....

It's not a bad change, and it is a little more functional and cleaner. I agree about the Metro UI comments. I suppose this is the future of UI's. A "matte" sort of flat colors look.

Remember when it was all about glossy interfaces and sparkly icons? Ahh, those were the days. c:

Yousabletubefix is broken :(

well not completely broken, just the buttons it seems

the settings seem to be still in effect as i had it set to stop auto-play and to be 480p default and that's still in effect