37 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Time Magazine has announced its choices for the best video games of 2012, and the list is surprisingly eclectic. But while all of them are great, we feel that some are more deserving than others. Here are all ten, with our reviews and some personal thoughts on some from the Side Mission staff.[/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]10. [/size][/font][url="http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/www.gametrailers.com/games/w69mzy/torchlight-ii"]Torchlight 2[/url]

[b]Dan[/b][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]: Does making a game cheap make it great? Time's reasoning seems both a little suspect and a bit dismissive of a game that, yes, is very much like Diablo, but does stand out in other respects. I enjoyed Torchlight because it didn't feel guilted or bribed into playing. I played it because I wanted to

Posted

Guild Wars 2 - top game of the 2012? Seriously Time?!
3 people like this

Posted

lol I wouldn't rank AC3 so high, I've played and finished every game in the series so if anything I'm biased FOR it, but its a buggy, horrible mess of a game.

Posted

lol @ their game rating ...

Posted

I think the only one I completely agree with is XCOM. Brilliant game, I'm glad my friend persuaded me to get it.

Actually, looking at the rest of the list I realise that I haven't played any of the other games. Although Dishonored and AC3 are on my to-do list.

Posted

Halo 4 should be alot closer to postion 1 IMO, too.
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='rageagainstmachine' timestamp='1354879391' post='595374582']
Halo 4 should be alot closer to postion 1 IMO, too.
[/quote]

Yeah, with Call of Duty 14.
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='Crisp' timestamp='1354879797' post='595374590']
Yeah, with Call of Duty 14.
[/quote]

Ever played it?

Posted

FarCry 3 should've been on the list

Posted

I'm not a fan of JRPGs and I still got hooked by Xenoblade Chronicles. Shame it had to come out on the Wii though.

Posted

No Mass Effect 3? Halo 'Im a great game if you're a frat boy' 4 it's in the list?

Posted

I actually give them credit for having the list be so varied. I also see they are recognizing more artsy games, like Papa & Yo (which I really wanted to like, had a real interesting premise and inspiration, but a finished demo did not persuade me to purchase it). So yeah, I am sure it will not be the most popular Top 10 list, but I do give them credit for not doing the norm.

If you want the norm, watch the VGA's tonight on Spike, should be plenty of the norm on it.

Posted

[quote name='threetonesun' timestamp='1354886701' post='595374708']
I'm not a fan of JRPGs and I still got hooked by Xenoblade Chronicles. Shame it had to come out on the Wii though.
[/quote]

It probably missed the cutoff point for the article. That's the danger of doing a "Best of 2012" article before Christmas :p

[quote name='sanctified' timestamp='1354886964' post='595374716']
No Mass Effect 3? Halo 'Im a great game if you're a frat boy' 4 it's in the list?
[/quote]

Yeah I was surprised about the lack of ME3. Maybe it was too controversial for the list, given the ending rage?

Posted

[quote name='Majesticmerc' timestamp='1354887287' post='595374720']
Yeah I was surprised about the lack of ME3. Maybe it was too controversial for the list, given the ending rage?
[/quote]

But that would be an irrational reaction. The ending was fixed and the content itself it's on par if not better than ME2.
1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe because ME3 is a boring game. Just a thought. ME1 is still the best of that series.

Besides that, what is the deal with the links? For starters they don't even work but if you go by the second part it takes you to gametrailers? What does this have to do with Time Magazine? No source is given.

Posted

Guild Wars 2 thoroughly deserved to be number 1.

Mass Effect 3? Terrible ending and no real improvements over ME2? Why would that be in the running?
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='Wakers' timestamp='1354891245' post='595374860']
Mass Effect 3? Terrible ending and no real improvements over ME2? Why would that be in the running?
[/quote]

Ending doesnt make the game. Besides it was fine. What did you really expect?
As for improvements over ME2...gameplay was tweaked a bit :D

Posted

[quote name='Wakers' timestamp='1354891245' post='595374860']
[/quote]

Ending was one of the best elements of the game. It should've been on the list

Posted

[quote name='trag3dy' timestamp='1354888200' post='595374748']What does this have to do with Time Magazine? No source is given.[/quote]
[URL="http://techland.time.com/2012/12/04/top-10-tech-lists/slide/torchlight-ii-pc/"]Source[/URL] ;)

Posted

[quote name='Intrinsica' timestamp='1354891973' post='595374878']
[url="http://techland.time.com/2012/12/04/top-10-tech-lists/slide/torchlight-ii-pc/"]Source[/url] ;)
[/quote]

Thanks. Nice to know what the original article actually says instead of...whatever..that was in the op.

Posted

[quote name='trag3dy' timestamp='1354888200' post='595374748']
Maybe because ME3 is a boring game. Just a thought. ME1 is still the best of that series.
[/quote]

Says the one with a battlefield signature. Just a thought.

Posted

[quote name='sanctified' timestamp='1354886964' post='595374716']
[/quote]
agreed 100%. where's ME3?

Posted

Where's The Walking Dead?
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='sanctified' timestamp='1354892967' post='595374920']
Says the one with a battlefield signature. Just a thought.
[/quote]

I'm not even sure what that means. Are you trying to say BF3 is a bad game or what?

Posted

[quote name='trag3dy' timestamp='1354897851' post='595375134']
I'm not even sure what that means. Are you trying to say BF3 is a bad game or what?
[/quote]

'All form, no substance'

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0