Photo

Cant restore/re-install windows vista

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 mduren2445

mduren2445

Neowinian

Posted 07 December 2012 - 14:51

depending on what os they are running (probably 7) several updates can cause restart loops check this out

http://www.<< spam >...artup-loop.html

i searched google for 'restart loops caused by windows update'

#17 OP Uplift

Uplift

Just below average Joe

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 07 December 2012 - 15:02

What version of Windows and which HP machines are they?

HP Pro Slimline 3300 SFF Windows 7 x64. i3 machines with 4gb ram run beautifully, they are compact and silent.. which why we use them, but sometimes they'll fall asleep and never wake up :( i've never been able to find a solution.

Now today they are all just restarting, it says configuring updates, gets to 100%, restarts, then does the same again, haven't had chance to look at it yet.

I'm fine with the screens, but they are balls when it comes to making reliable hard drives.

RAM I'm on the fence...as I think I've had some Samsung in OEM systems...but never anything I'd buy myself for a PC.

Are they run my Seagate now or something? all searches for drivers sent me to Seagate.

#18 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 December 2012 - 15:22

Are they run my Seagate now or something? all searches for drivers sent me to Seagate.

I'm not entirely sure. I didn't dig too deep.

Personally I stick with Western Digital and don't run into this issue. I also generally call up if I'm having a system built by an OEM and request they use WD drives, even if it means charging extra.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!