apple android religion hater lover news guns fanboy

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#16 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 15:47

lol I especially liked the resident know it all one (I'm sure there's something wrong with that guy, can't leave things alone, has to go back and edit posts, has to have the last word etc...)
And I have to admit, I find myself agreeing with that list, most of those would be my votes too :)

Nope. I just tend to notice grammar/spelling errors, or tone things down when I may come off too aggressive, or sometimes remember something that I forgot I wanted to add while typing...or even spot that the comment I was replying to was itself edited.

So I go back and fix/add as I view necessary. :)

Also if you were dealing with intermittent aphasia due to actual scarring on the brain (been that way since early childhood) you'd probably want to fix things up when you notice some of it comes off not making as much sense as it should. ;)

#17 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXIX

• 119,288 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 07 December 2012 - 15:47

I don't know, Marshall seems to be giving Rappy a good run for his money in that department...not that I visit those threads, of course, or even know what you're referring to... :whistle:

Yeah he posts more then me now...obviously has TO much time on his hands....:shifty:

#18 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,534 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 15:50

Forum rules:

Calling members "haters" is flame bait, which is clearly against the rules. I'm surprised to see mods letting it slide.

Well, that was why I said what I did earlier--if someone takes it seriously and is offended, we will remove that reference.
I think context is everything here and clearly this is meant to be in fun.

Don't worry, we are watching closely to make sure it doesn't get out of hand. :)

#19 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,325 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 15:53

Calling members "haters" is flame bait, which is clearly against the rules. I'm surprised to see mods letting it slide.

As Charisma said, it's just a bit of fun. We're going to monitor this thread closely to make sure it doesn't get out of hand, and if any user has a problem with being named then they can contact us and we will edit out the name and any future references.

#20 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 6,595 posts
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 07 December 2012 - 15:57

Ha, good list. Fact is they're all pretty accurate. But i love you guys anyway, must do, i've been coming back for six years :p

#21 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,325 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:00

As promised, a user posted that they didn't want to be listed, so they have been removed from the original post and I removed their requesting post. If anyone else has an issue, I would suggest either sending a PM to a mod or using the report function rather than making a public objection. (Y)

#22 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,534 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:03

Also, I'll nominate Intrinsica for "most deceiving avatar". The fact that I know you're an English guy has no bearing on the fact that I always think of you looking like the blonde girl in your av.

#23 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

• 7,602 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:06

On the tail of the religious one:

Best use of circular reasoning - ZAnwar (Yogurt a close 2nd)

#24 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• 4,459 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:14

Neobond - Most likely to have his face spliced onto <insert object here>

Posted Image

Remixedcat - Person most likely to start an obscenely inappropriate sex topic

#25 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,534 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:17

Welllllp that's pretty much the best thing I've seen all week. omg. :laugh: :laugh:
Neobond, that's your new avatar :D

#26 Farstrider

Farstrider

The Clash

• 6,311 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:29

Nope. I just tend to notice grammar/spelling errors, or tone things down when I may come off too aggressive, or sometimes remember something that I forgot I wanted to add while typing...or even spot that the comment I was replying to was itself edited.

So I go back and fix/add as I view necessary. :)

Also if you were dealing with intermittent aphasia due to actual scarring on the brain (been that way since early childhood) you'd probably want to fix things up when you notice some of it comes off not making as much sense as it should. ;)

What you do with your posts is what I do all the time. That's not a bad thing, in fact I think it's a good thing! :)

I know that I am a bit of a "Grammar Nazi"! When it comes to members who I know are English speaking and that they do not know the difference between words like, your and you're! It drives me "round the twist" when I see this and it takes a massive effort not to react to it! :D I fail often so please forgive me.

#27 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,534 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:32

Yeah, I'll admit to being a big post-editing-ninja myself. Despite proofreading before posting, I always see a mistake or think of something new that simply must be added about 2 seconds AFTER I see it actually showing up on the site.

#28 +McCordRm

McCordRm

http://richardmccord.com

• 3,198 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:34

I wanna be the religious nut.

#29 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:34

What you do with your posts is what I do all the time. That's not a bad thing, in fact I think it's a good thing! :)

I know that I am a bit of a "Grammar Nazi"! When it comes to members who I know are English speaking and that they do not know the difference between words like, your and you're! It drives me "round the twist" when I see this and it takes a massive effort not to react to it! :D I fail often so please forgive me.

Indeed. A lot of times I'm also posting from my phone...and so autocorrect and other such errors creep in as well...so I'm like FML and will either fix it on the phone, or will hop on the PC since it's easier to edit there as well.

I've learned not to worry as much about the grammar of others...but still care enough about my own to usually fix it.

#30 vetCalum

Calum

Neowinian Senior

• 13,211 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 16:39

Yay! Rappy doesn't make a list again :p

Biggest absolute legend in the entire world: Rappy.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!