Switched Baby Breastfed By Wrong Mom

A new born baby will have to undergo a year of medical tests for HIV and hepatitis because he was accidentally put in the wrong bassinette by a Minnapolis hospital and then breastfed by the wrong mother.

The mix-up happened Wednesday in Abbott Northwestern Hospital when Tammy Van Dyke's little boy Cody was accidentally switched to the wrong bassinette in the nursery.

"You put your baby in the nursery, not even 48-hours old, and you think they're safe," Van Dyke told ABC News today. "I'm holding it together. I'm just in disbelief, and it was like I was in a dream, a bad dream, and I couldn't get it to stop."

Van Dyke was told two hours after the switch happened, just hours before she was going to take Cody home.

The infant had to undergo blood testing for HIV and hepatitis immediately following the switch.

"It was horrible," Van Dyke said. "Two nurses had to go in through veins in his tiny little arms."

Although the tests came back negative, Abbott Northwestern Hospital told Van Dyke her newborn son would have to undergo blood testing every three months for a year.

more

That little dude is getting around at a very young age. Sex ed will have to start in the nursery before they leave the hospital....

What I find totally ridiculous is that they're acting like the woman who breast fed him was some walking cesspool of a human being. Why are you poking a newborn baby instead of the grown woman? Not only was the nurse who switched them accidentally a complete freaken moron, but it appears the rest of the hospital staff is no better.

Oh there's a lawsuit on the horizon alright Growled, and huge is probably an understatement.

not to mention the poor baby is prolly confused as hell and might be scared of the ###### from now on.... :(

I think Growled is on his own here....Go look at some of them National Geographic ###### Growled...THEN come back lol.

• Like 2

Most likely one of the mothers are HIV or hepatitis positive, hence the reason for testing the baby.

Why not just test the mother? If she doesn't have it, then the baby is clean.

Now you're just being horrible. :laugh:

would you suck a "people of walmart" ######?

Hell no. I hate that place. I hate the people. Probably the only place on earth I'd be capable of murder. :ermm:

LOL same here.....