Dark Souls II announced, prepare to die again

Yeah I saw this on neogaf.

Dark Souls is such a brutal game, twice now I've tried to get into it but the game doesn't do any handholding whatsoever. Once you leave the starting area you get a guy giving you generic instructions of what to do next and thats it. I regularly ventured to areas that I was clearly not ready for yet and got destroyed instantly.

I really want to like the game but its too hardcore, I know its going to p*ss off a lot of the fans of the first 2 games, but I hope they give a little bit more structure to the game this time around so I'm not wandering around aimlessly to my doom.

Nice! The first one is great, probably my most played game this generation.

Hopefully they keep the NG difficulty the same but make NG+(+...) much harder, after you've completed it once and know which enemies are waiting round the corner to sucker punch you it becomes too easy, I think I only died on NG+ three times without using any summons (1x Ornstein & Smough, 2x Four Kings). NG++ - NG+++++ didn't seem to get any harder apart from the Four Kings which was disappointing.

A proper storyline and harder to obtain achievements (e.g. complete the game at SL1) would be nice too :p.

I sincerely hope they don't release it for PC, after seeing what they did with the original one

What's wrong with what they did to the original one? It's an amazing game on pc and I play it with mouse and keyboard, but you can easily use a gamepad as well.

http://youtu.be/rPJaJ5ys_G0

Trailer...get it before it's taken down.

So yeah, "bad" port or no. If the only other option is to not have a pc version I'll take what most might consider a bad port. That being said.. Dark Souls for the pc is still a very playable game and very enjoyable challenging game that runs incredibly well.

If they invest from the start to develop the game on the PC. Then i'd see no problems with it. It was just because From Software started development after the game released and openly admitted they didn't know much about PC development.

So if this time, just invest in some PC talent.

Dark Souls went down to budget price really really quickly. I'm talking like a few weeks after it was released.