Photo

Women outraged when waiter brings check calling them 'Fat Girls'

california

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#31 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• 20,907 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 (very cheap second hand)

Posted 08 December 2012 - 19:05

In all honesty, seeing how people treat waiters, I tend to believe they treated him like **** in the first place.

#32 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,745 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 08 December 2012 - 19:10

In all honesty, seeing how people treat waiters, I tend to believe they treated him like **** in the first place.

People treat waiters bad? That's stupid, they're handling your food and drink. That's news to me. Now people do tip less than the going gratuity rate, 15%? But hey, the economy is bad. ;>

#33 HighwayGlider

HighwayGlider

Neowinian Senior

• 1,814 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 19:25

Offended indeed. Hmmm.

yoda.jpg

#34 +McCordRm

McCordRm

http://richardmccord.com

• 3,198 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 19:35

I'm with the fat chicks on this one.
While I'm all for Freedom of Speech, as a business owner I would have fired
the employee on the spot for making my business appear unprofessional, and
virtually guaranteeing no repeat business from those customers.

#35 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,884 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 08 December 2012 - 19:48

Everyone has the right to the expectation they will not have to suffer being labeled what can in fact be seen as a derogatory statement on their bill when they go out to dinner. If they want to call them that among the staff, or even put it in a computer system where only the staff can see it, then so be it, that is then a manager or owners call as to if they allow the staff to do such things. However to put it where it was clearly seen by the patrons, sorry, I deem that as inexcusable.

Yes, I have seen the video, and yes, it is indisputable that the 3 women are indeed overweight, however that is not the point. The fact the waiter put what absolutely could be deemed as an offensive description of the women on the check for them to clearly see was unprofessional and inconsiderate. There is no disputing this fact IMHO. I am actually shocked by the amount of people saying it is okay and they need to lighten up. It shows a clear disrespect towards others than is way to prevalent in this society. It has nothing to do with political correctness, and everything to do with a base respect I believe every person deserves on this planet. Even if they could have somehow avoided gaining so much weight, that is a whole other topic of discussion, that does not give others the right to ridicule them.

#36 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,534 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 19:57

Still, how shallow and insecure do you have to be to react like that? They could have just expressed their displeasure, taken the discount, not tipped or whatever, and then not come back to that place again. But all the crying and acting COMPLETELY SHOCKED? Some people just have no sense of perspective (or self-awareness).

#37 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,745 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760

Posted 08 December 2012 - 20:04

Still, how shallow and insecure do you have to be to react like that?

LOL, fat or not, they are "women."

#38 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,534 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 20:09

And?

#39 streetw0lf

streetw0lf

Neowinian

• 459 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 20:23

Maybe they should hire a lawyer and souie.

#40 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,745 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 21:34

And?

... and women react to things related to their bodies the same way I do, they get very excited.

#41 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,745 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 21:41

Maybe they should hire a lawyer and souie.

They'd have a hard time proving any lasting or real damage. Their hurt feelings in a litigation would prove to be worth a free meal. It was bad form and in poor taste, but not worthy of punitive damages. You'd have to select a heckuva favorable judge or jury.

The dumb dude just shouldn't have done it. I probably would have fired him as well. You just don't have the right to ruin someone else's day. Especially paying customers. People like to make themselves feel better or superior a the expense of others, usually at the expense of those in a weaker (real or perceived) position than themselves. This unfortunate part of human nature has been around for a long long time, and will always be around.

#42 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,354 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 08 December 2012 - 21:48

Might not fit in a narrow binder*

#43 Bonfire

Bonfire

Neowinian Senior

• 6,977 posts
  • Phone: Rotary Dial

Posted 08 December 2012 - 21:53

These stories keeps popping up, customers outraged about insults written on a receipt. Many have been revealed to be hoaxes in the past so I'm skeptical this one is real either.

#44 redvamp128

redvamp128

Neowinian Senior

• 3,925 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 21:53

What most people on the forum are failing to understand.

If these women go on TV and show this, the restaurant looses money. People go to a place where they can get good food fast and this kind of comments are not acceptable.

For those that say it is okay...

Next restaurant you go in Let them put " THE RETARDED GUY" on your ticket and then you might know how these women feel.

That was truly unprofessional unless you want the business to go under especially in the food service industry, where a customer can just go to any place but your's.

#45 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,372 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 21:57

Well, fat or not, they are "Americans". :p

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!