california

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#91 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,418 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 17:44

It's not easy, that's the problem. You can't expect to loose weight without changing your lifestyle, and most people don't want to change their lifestyle. They just want to loose weight fast without having to give up the things they like. That's why there are so many books about the subject that are all bull****. While the rules can be written in 4 lines:

- eat healthy, that means giving up a lot of stuff you like to eat completely (if you don't have selfcontrol) or only eat them in small portions
- sport, you don't have to be an outstanding athlete, but at least use your bike to go to work or if you go shopping. You don't need an expensive fitness subscription to go running twice or three times a week
- drink water instead of whatever you are drinking that is filled with sugars. Smoothies and fruit drinks are most of the times worse than soft drinks
- most importantly: even if you do all of the above, don't expect to be thin in a matter of weeks, it will take a long long time before you are in shape again and you'll probably give up halfway.

Just following those three rules would solve the problem for 99% (yes that number is completely made up) of the fatties out there. The rest have some kind of medical condition and need specific care/diets.

Agreed! For the past 7 months, I have given up Rice, Beer, Potatos, Noodles and other wonderful food I ate every day. In return I feel better and weigh less than I have in a very long time. I don't see any reason to stop what i'm doing, and what i'm doing is low carb.

#92 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 17:46

Agreed! For the past 7 months, I have given up Rice, Beer, Potatos, Noodles and other wonderful food I ate every day. In return I feel better and weigh less than I have in a very long time. I don't see any reason to stop what i'm doing, and what i'm doing is low carb.

And it isn't a change that will happen quickly either. It's something you most likely wont really notice until almost a year into the cycle. People just don't have the willpower anymore to put that much effort into themselves it seems.

#93 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,418 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 17:47

And it isn't a change that will happen quickly either. It's something you most likely wont really notice until almost a year into the cycle. People just don't have the willpower anymore to put that much effort into themselves it seems.

Nope, it originally took weeks and week before a change to come! Well, for walking anyway... low carb I was seeing results pretty fast.