7 posts in this topic

Posted

Samsung Smart PC Pro (XE700T1C-02AU) Review

Reviewed by Osiris

headerjmn.jpg

Today I talk about my time with Samsungs answer to the Surface Pro; The Smart PC Pro also known as the 700T.

Background

With the release of Windows 8, its an exciting time to be looking at

3 people like this

Posted

Thank you for the review, it was very helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed the read. I was wondering what Wacom pens would you recommend with this tablet? I need one with an eraser and would a bamboo create or capture pen work with this?

Thank you,

Posted

Fan noise :(

Posted

no battery in the dock? why? you would think that would be a given anymore in dockables

Posted

Thank you for the review, it was very helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed the read. I was wondering what Wacom pens would you recommend with this tablet? I need one with an eraser and would a bamboo create or capture pen work with this?

Thank you,

Thanks mate, I believe the bamboo ones work but most commonly people on other forums just purchase the Think pad styluses of ebay they usually go for 20-30 have the eraser and work really well.

no battery in the dock? why? you would think that would be a given anymore in dockables

I think an optional battery dock would have been the best. Invariably adding a battery increases the price which on launch was already up there so without given people the option may have backfired. A few rumours suggesting samsung will offer a KB with battery as an option for the 500T and 700T but time will tell.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for this review, I actually registered to let you know it was great!

Your review adresses many points I have wondered about these hybrids by Samsung. I have just oredered a newer model for myself and this post took away the last doubts towards the machine I had in my mind.

Just out of curiosity, have you found any downsides with more use?

Posted

Hi kjns, thanks for the feedback and thanks for registering.  Apologies I didn't see your question earlier.

I ended up using the non icore Samsung 500T for the most of the following year.  I went back to the 500T as I thought I didn't really need the power of the icore and the battery life on the 500T was a lot better, combined with connected standby.  Over that time I got a lot of use out of it although not as much business use (beyond note taking) as I might have liked.  I think Iin part this was due to me but also those keyboard docks I just don't think are the most efficient or useful accessory with he weight they add.

In general I was very happy with these but I have since changed to a Surface Pro 2 and I wouldn't go back to a model like this.  Its not that theres anything bad about these its just small things in the surface which I have really come to appreciate.  I won't go into detail unless its helpful for anyone but yeah that's how its all turned out.

I hope the above is helpful and thanks again for the comments guys, appreciate it :)