nzb nzbmatrix usenet newsgroups

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

#91 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,304 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:28

Protest and picket, seriously? Can you not see the voice of the internet? Its a new generation of protest and picket. Are they listening, they will eventually, this is our way of protest and picket.

Except that there's no clear message being sent to these companies. How do they differentiate between those who simply want to avoid payment and those who are protesting?

It's a poor protest at best. I think it's more of an excuse.

#92 Klownicle

Klownicle

I get a custom title? Sweett.

• 1,505 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:33

Except that there's no clear message being sent to these companies. How do they differentiate between those who simply want to avoid payment and those who are protesting?

The same can be said if you stand outside a building with a sign and write letters. I am in no way saying every pirate is a saint, people who seek profit by piracy are not saints.

#93 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,304 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:38

The same can be said if you stand outside a building with a sign and write letters. I am in no way saying every pirate is a saint, people who seek profit by piracy are not saints.

Not really because the message is clear then; it's written down. You're issuing your demands, telling them what you want.

If you just pirate material, you're not actually telling them anything and they have to second guess your intent.

Surely you can see the difference?

#94 Klownicle

Klownicle

• 1,505 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:43

Not really because the message is clear then; it's written down. You're issuing your demands, telling them what you want.

If you just pirate material, you're not actually telling them anything and they have to second guess your intent.

Surely you can see the difference?

Are we not writing down now? Its not my fault if they choose to ignore what is written, or if they choose not to look out of the 40th floor window to see the crowd below. My voice is one but of many throughout the internet, freely available for them to see. You can say its scattered but just as a disfunctional crowd or a single letter would prove, eventually that voice is heard. We are both on the same page you just choose not to believe the internet is a proper voice.

#95 Axel

Axel

--[Est. 1986]--

• 5,434 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:44

Your arguments are fairly shallow... picket and protest? REALLY? Thanks for not even attempting to understand the issue. You're also not listening. Piracy has steered the music industry in the right direction, it's gonna happen with the Movie industry eventually.

We're not entitled. We just know what we like. There are people who sit back and take it, and others who make stuff work the way they want.

I'm just a firm believer that the consumer should drive the industry - these methods are just an alternate way of consumerism that still needs to be tapped as a legitimate business. It's just evolution. Without these steps, no progress will ever be made. We'd probably all still be sitting around watching DVD's that cost £15 each if people didn't start sharing movies online. So thank that for your Netflix etc.

#96 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,304 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:50

Are we not writing down now? Its not my fault if they choose to ignore what is written, or if they choose not to look out of the 40th floor window to see the crowd below. My voice is one but of many throughout the internet, freely available for them to see. You can say its scattered but just as a disfunctional crowd or a single letter would prove, eventually that voice is heard. We are both on the same page you just choose not to believe the internet is a proper voice.

I don't think the movie industry employs people to comb through message boards finding out what people's opinion of them is.

Again, all I'm seeing here are excuses. If you really wanted to make a difference you'd let the movie companies know about your dissatisfaction directly and be quite vocal about it. I think "fighting the system" is just a convenient excuse for pirates to justify their criminal activity.

Your arguments are fairly shallow... picket and protest? REALLY? Thanks for not even attempting to understand the issue. You're also not listening. Piracy has steered the music industry in the right direction, it's gonna happen with the Movie industry eventually.

We're not entitled. We just know what we like. There are people who sit back and take it, and others who make stuff work the way they want.

I'm just a firm believer that the consumer should drive the industry - these methods are just an alternate way of consumerism that still needs to be tapped as a legitimate business. It's just evolution. Without these steps, no progress will ever be made. We'd probably all still be sitting around watching DVD's that cost £15 each if people didn't start sharing movies online. So thank that for your Netflix etc.

Consumers would drive the industry by simply not buying the movies at all. Getting them in some other way does nothing to strengthen the argument. No movie company wants to make movies that nobody buys. Obviously if everybody voted with their wallets and didn't buy something because they didn't like the way it's distributed, the companies would look at what they're doing wrong. Obtaining the content via illegal means actually adds very little to the argument at all.

Again, convenient excuse. ;)

#97 Axel

Axel

--[Est. 1986]--

• 5,434 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:58

I don't think the movie industry employs people to comb through message boards finding out what people's opinion of them is.

Again, all I'm seeing here are excuses. If you really wanted to make a difference you'd let the movie companies know about your dissatisfaction directly and be quite vocal about it. I think "fighting the system" is just a convenient excuse for pirates to justify their criminal activity.

Consumers would drive the industry by simply not buying the movies at all. Getting them in some other way does nothing to strengthen the argument. No movie company wants to make movies that nobody buys. Obviously if everybody voted with their wallets and didn't buy something because they didn't like the way it's distributed, the companies would look at what they're doing wrong. Obtaining the content via illegal means actually adds very little to the argument at all.

Again, convenient excuse. ;)

People won't stop buying movies because they DO want to watch movies. I'm just saying that industry would have been happy sitting back and charging £15 a pop for DVD's and you wouldn't be able to consume the media you can now via streaming because it probably wouldn't exist. The industry has had it's arm twisted and it's had to evolve. Therefore you CAN consume the media in a more convenient fashion.

It's not a convenient excuse. We're paying. All of us are paying. We're not cheap. We want to force it in the right direction. Why can't you look at the situation objectively without acting like a school headmaster quoting rules and just admit there's obviously a problem with the system somewhere.

#98 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,304 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 20:06

People won't stop buying movies because they DO want to watch movies. I'm just saying that industry would have been happy sitting back and charging £15 a pop for DVD's and you wouldn't be able to consume the media you can now via streaming because it probably wouldn't exist. The industry has had it's arm twisted and it's had to evolve. Therefore you CAN consume the media in a more convenient fashion.

It's not a convenient excuse. We're paying. All of us are paying. We're not cheap. We want to force it in the right direction. Why can't you look at the situation objectively without acting like a school headmaster quoting rules and just admit there's obviously a problem with the system somewhere.

Okay. Keep fighting the good fight man!

*snickers*

#99 Klownicle

Klownicle

• 1,505 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 20:06

I hand the argue torch to you, I have other things to do ;)

#100 micro

micro

Neowinian Senior

• 2,212 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 20:18

If a service existed that allowed me to watch all the latest movies and TV Episodes as soon as they are out on bluray in 1080p streaming to my tv via some box with a monthly fee i'd be very happy to do that. Unfortunately my netflix and Amazon prime really dont offer anything new.

People dont always pirate because they dont want to pay, many do it because there is no other way to get the content..

#101 Klownicle

Klownicle

• 1,505 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 20:34

If a service existed that allowed me to watch all the latest movies and TV Episodes as soon as they are out on bluray in 1080p streaming to my tv via some box with a monthly fee i'd be very happy to do that. Unfortunately my netflix and Amazon prime really dont offer anything new.

People dont always pirate because they dont want to pay, many do it because there is no other way to get the content..

Don't forget to mention DTS MA and TrueHD audio's in your letter to the congressman, thx!

#102 OP artnada

artnada

Merrrr

• 2,831 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-n7100

Posted 10 December 2012 - 20:44

nzb(dot)org down tonight too?

#103 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,453 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 10 December 2012 - 21:12

Exactly!!! I've said this before.... I'll happily pay £20 a month to download tv/movies in 1080p :) just like I do now.

It's their own damn fault, nzbmatrix was great but it will just be replaced by something else and then that replaced by something else, these big companies need to compete rather than try and destroy!!!!!

This is logic I don't get, if you're going to download movies an tv shows anyway, use a decent private tracker that you don't have to pay for and where you at least have to follow the "pirate" code of sharing (I always find pirate groups who get in a hissy fit over torrents instead of private ftps funny, because pirates is all about sharing, when torrents you actually have to share. instead of paying someone ELSE to pirate the stuff.

as amoral as pirating is, paying for access to download pirated stuff, that's just a whole nother level of amoral .

#104 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 21:17

This is logic I don't get, if you're going to download movies an tv shows anyway, use a decent private tracker that you don't have to pay for and where you at least have to follow the "pirate" code of sharing (I always find pirate groups who get in a hissy fit over torrents instead of private ftps funny, because pirates is all about sharing, when torrents you actually have to share. instead of paying someone ELSE to pirate the stuff.

as amoral as pirating is, paying for access to download pirated stuff, that's just a whole nother level of amoral .

Not really. You're paying for a service which is being provided.

#105 qdave

qdave

Neowinian Senior

• 16,159 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 00:15

Oh but there was my friend... and it was magnificent.

Just like nzb i missed out on it too :'(