texas walmart shoplifting

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#16 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,514 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 19:28

He was to the side of the vehicle, it clearly says he opened the door, commanded them to stop, however it was in drive and she attempted to flee. He then fired.

Correct. He may have had his center of gravity towards the door. As the vehicle began to move forward, he fell forward. Hate to tell you, but most cars have a set of back tires on a rear axle. Had he fell down and his leg (or more) positioned under the car, he could be killed. Therefore, he is in fear of his life and has every right to discharge his weapon.

#17 Kaze23

Kaze23

Neowinian Senior

• 3,102 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 09 December 2012 - 19:29

One less knob in the world. No sympathy.

#18 NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo

Neowinian

• 403 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 19:31

Since when is possibly running someone over with a car a "petty" crime?

They simply read the headline and just jump in with their bleeding heart in hand?

#19 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,521 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 19:33

Correct. He may have had his center of gravity towards the door. As the vehicle began to move forward, he fell forward. Hate to tell you, but most cars have a set of back tires on a rear axle. Had he fell down and his leg (or more) positioned under the car, he could be killed. Therefore, he is in fear of his life and has every right to discharge his weapon.

I don't see how shooting at the car would prevent him from being hurt though. It's not like the driver will stop driving all of a sudden even if you hit him ...

#20 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,902 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 09 December 2012 - 19:33

They simply read the headline and just jump in with their bleeding heart in hand?

Along with the people who assumed the Woman was trying to run the Officer over and not simply escape?

#21 Nogib

Nogib

Neowinian

• 565 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 19:35

That officer deserves a medal. Cleaning out the population of worthless crimial riff-raff is a win any day of the week.

#22 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,902 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 19:37

That officer deserves a medal. Cleaning out the population of worthless crimial riff-raff is a win any day of the week.

A medal? For murdering a shoplifter in front of her children? Why not make the penalty for every single crime the death sentence?

#23 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,521 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 19:37

Think about it very well. I'm sure you did break the law at least once in your life. Most people did even if they don't want to admit it.

#24 JaredFrost

JaredFrost

Neowinian

• 1,341 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 19:53

Our society should have evolved passed one that seeks death as a punishment for the most petty of crimes. If it has not, please, remove yourself from it so that we can start to evolve.

I would like that, but we can't afford to not kill each other yet, we don't have enough room and resources for peace.

#25 webeagle12

webeagle12

Neowinian Senior

• 7,229 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:08

Here's the simple answer:

She was shot because her having stepped on the gas, placed the officer in a position where he was in fear for his life and discharged his weapon. period. The events that led up to this split second cause/effect are completely irrelevant.

Where you people come up with she was shot ONLY because she shoplifted is completely beyond all logic.

Thank you for clarifying for people who can't read in here.

I just love people here. Cop get shot, it's ok, Cop trying to defend himself from being run over, he is a moron. Can't wait for more pathetic excuses where cop will get blamed even more.

This woman is a moron who trying to run a police officer over, endangered childrens life, shoplifting, and etc... and somehow she is an "innocent" in this story. She deserve it.

If she would just give up and surrender normally, none of this would happen.

#26 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,902 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:16

Thank you for clarifying for people who can't read in here.

I just love people here. Cop get shot, it's ok, Cop trying to defend himself from being run over, he is a moron. Can't wait for more pathetic excuses where cop will get blamed even more.

This woman is a moron who trying to run a police officer over, endangered children life, shoplifting, and etc... and somehow she is an "innocent" in this story. She deserve it.

Where does it say she tried to run him over? It said he opened her door, and she tried to drive away. He then shot her. The only part where it says that was someone else at the police station saying he might have feared for his life.

#27 webeagle12

webeagle12

Neowinian Senior

• 7,229 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:25

Where does it say she tried to run him over? It said he opened her door, and she tried to drive away. He then shot her. The only part where it says that was someone else at the police station saying he might have feared for his life.

"but the car was placed in drive and moved forward,"

So you automatically assumed that she would just drove away without hitting him?

#28 dnast

dnast

Long-winded

• 3,110 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:27

I guess I'll have to see the video. I just don't see how you're in danger of being hit by a car when you've just opened its door. But, even if you are in danger, I don't see how shooting the driver is going stop you from being hit when you're so close to the car already. Getting out of harm's way would be much more effective.

#29 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:33

I think if the off-duty officer would have just pointed his weapon at the shoplifter would have sufficed. A shoplifter wouldn't risk their life over a few items they ganked.

#30 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,902 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:39

"but the car was placed in drive and moved forward,"

So you automatically assumed that she would just drove away without hitting him?

He'd just opened the door, so he was at the side of the car, you assume she was going to make another pass and run him over?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!