Off-duty deputy shoots, kills suspected Walmart shoplifter

Just ****ing wow.

The cop handled it correctly because SHE YOOK ACTIONS THAT COULD HAVE RESULTED IN SERIOUS BODILY INJURY OR DEATH TO THE POLICE OFFICER. I shoot through the ****ing window if I had to.

It was the officers choice to put himself in harms way when he kept hold of the door of a moving car. Now a Woman is dead for petty theft.

It was the officers choice to put himself in harms way when he kept hold of the door of a moving car. Now a Woman is dead for petty theft.

sigh.... :rolleyes: I'll let the others give it a shot...

That's not what I said, you are disagreeing with facts and logic, not me... btw do you know the difference between prison and jail? Just curious, without looking it up on google that is.

sigh.... :rolleyes: I'll let the others give it a shot...

No I'm disagreeing with your opinion on how the matter resolved, just because it's your opinion doesn't mean it's "facts and logic". I see you have nothing more constructive to add.

So we should just execute people who attempt to escape now? She only committed petty theft. All he had to do was let go of the car, radio in her car was escaping, a car would have chased her and no doubt caught her.

No deaths, and she'd have been brought to justice.

She already tried to escape twice, from the cop at the shop then at the car, she refused to stop and paid the price of her ignorance and crime.

If she surrendered like she was told to do twice then she would have been brought to justice but instead she tried to flee and turned a stop into a getaway which would have got worse specially with infants in the car and if she willing to forcefully drive away from a cop with a gun in her face to begin with..well who knows what would have happened to those kids present, you think a woman who would run a cop over or drag his body around in any part of the car would not drive her and her kids around a pole trying to get away from your "car chasing her"?.

Personally any mother who takes her infants shoplifting with her is appalling and maybe they'll have a better life now then grow up like their mother.

She already tried to escape twice, from the cop at the shop then at the car, she refused to stop and paid the price of her ignorance and crime.

If she surrendered like she was told to do twice then she would have been brought to justice but instead she tried to flee and turned a stop into a getaway which would have got worse specially with infants in the car and if she willing to forcefully drive away from a cop with a gun in her face to begin with..well who knows what would have happened to those kids present, you think a woman who would run a cop over or drag his body around in any part of the car would not drive her and her kids around a pole trying to get away from your "car chasing her"?.

Personally any mother who takes her infants shoplifting with her is appalling and maybe they'll have a better life now then grow up like their mother.

She didn't try to run over the cop, she tried to escape. The Cop put himself in danger when he hung onto the door. Last time I checked the punishment for attempting to evade capture wasn't execution.

It's pretty sad that the moment a person does anything wrong they become fair game to die in the eyes of Neowin's gun nuts. You people are disgusting examples to humanity and I hope someone couples all of you with the kind of violence you seem to crave to be inflicted upon others.

• Like 4

Unfortunately I doubt it will do any good (you don't seem willing to acknowledge the facts)... but this stopped being petty theft and became something else after she resisted arrest.

• Like 2

It's pretty sad that the moment a person does anything wrong they become fair game to die in the eyes of Neowin's gun nuts. You people are disgusting examples to humanity and I hope someone couples all of you with the kind of violence you seem to crave to be inflicted upon others.

It's ok, once you commit any crimes, no matter how small you forfeit your Human rights here. And execution by the roadside is the punishment.

Unfortunately I doubt it will do any good (you don't seem willing to acknowledge the facts)... but this stopped being petty theft and became something else after she resisted arrest.

So I'm not willing to listen to the facts? You seem to be guilty of the same thing. Unless you're stating that the punishment for resisting arrest is Execution? If so please state the source.

So resisting arrest makes someone worthy of losing their life now? Newsflash: Most criminals try and evade capture. It doesn't negate proportional response.

I think some of you are having a tough time grasping how the situation was very dangerous.

Get a friend to drive your car. Open the driver's side door and grab onto it. Tell your friend to hit the gas. As the car moves forward, the door will swing back. It takes about a second before your legs get dragged underneath the car, so that if you let go, things south of your torso will get run over by the rear wheels. From the cop's point of view, it was the driver's life or his own.

He did have a third option you know: Let go of the door, call the actual police, and let them do their job. A scenario that sees nobody dying.

• Like 2

He did have a third option you know: Let go of the door, call the actual police, and let them do their job. A scenario that sees nobody dying.

Not a real option once the car was underway. Try it yourself.

• Like 2

He shouldn't have grabbed it in the first place. In the UK we have health and safety laws that prevent moronic metrocops from doing this very thing.

He shouldn't have grabbed it in the first place. In the UK we have health and safety laws that prevent moronic metrocops from doing this very thing.

Bat **** crazy health and safety laws. No-one thinks of H & S laws in these situations, it happens so quickly you don't have time to think about it, you just do what you are trained to do.

So I'm not willing to listen to the facts? You seem to be guilty of the same thing. Unless you're stating that the punishment for resisting arrest is Execution? If so please state the source.

So resisting arrest makes someone worthy of losing their life now? Newsflash: Most criminals try and evade capture. It doesn't negate proportional response.

Both of you seem intent on pulling a strawman argument,

Sorry no... first of all this was not "execution"...and at first your argument was "petty theft"... now it is "evading arrest". Secondly action was not taking from the suspect merely fleeing (otherwise the story would be about him shooting her while she was running away on foot).

At the end of the day, during the commission of a crime, the suspects took action that resulted in the Officer using Deadly Force.... feel free to review Texas Penal Code (Chapter 9, Deadly Force Statutes).... that should help clarify any misgivings you seem to have about how the laws work.

You don't seem to understand... he is the actual police. He was even in uniform. He's not a fake "mall cop".

• Like 2

Both of you seem intent on pulling a strawman argument,

Sorry no... first of all this was not "execution"...and at first you argument was "petty theft"... now it is "evading arrest". Secondly action was not taking from the suspect merely fleeing (otherwise the story would be about him shooting her while she was running away on foot).

At the end of the day, during the commission of a crime, the suspects took action that resulted in the Officer using Deadly Force.... feel free to review Texas Penal Code (Chapter 9, Deadly Force Statutes).... that should help clarify any misgivings you seem to have about how the laws work.

And I feel that he wrongly used deadly force.

Wrong, and wrong again. Im not anti-cop. You're one of those who defends any Cop no matter what he does, because he's a Police Man there's no way he could do anything wrong. And Criminals who break any laws deserve to be killed.

Oh, so in all of my posts, which is all of one I always defend the cops? LMAO. Talk about a weak argument there.

Oh, and yes. I know I am feeding the trolls, its fun and entertaining in this case.

And I feel that he wrongly used deadly force.

The suspect was committing "assault [of a police officer!] with a deadly weapon". I've know people to get charged with assault with a deadly weapon for barely (but intentionally) nudging people with their cars.

Theft. Resisting arrest. Assault of a police officer. Assault with a deadly weapon. And now her accomplices will likely be charged with murder.

Wrong. Im not anti-cop. You're one of those who defends any Cop no matter what he does, because he's a Police Man there's no way he could do anything wrong. And Criminals who break any laws deserve to be killed.

No, criminals who break laws do not necessarily deserve to be killed. Nobody has claimed that. You're putting words in everyone's mouths. But in the case of self defense, yes, deadly force is warranted.

No, what I will not defend though are reckless Policemen who's incompetence results in someone being killed over petty theft. I can see he really aced the Police exam. All she wanted to do was escape, she was no danger to him. He put his own life in danger and she paid the ultimate price for his recklessness.

It's interesting that you place the blame on the police man instead of the person who you know... actually did something wrong. Forgetting that she actually physically attacked him in the process of all this. She is the only one to blame. Let's also not forget that instead of just accepting her fate and dealing with maybe just paying a fine and being banned from that walmart she ran. Causing everything that followed.

And honestly, do you think that cop is happy with how that night turned out? He's going to have to live the rest of his life knowing he shot and killed some dumbass lady in front of her kids. I feel more sorry for the cop and the kids and they are the only ones who are suffering because of this ladies stupidity. No one else is to blame.

• Like 3

It's interesting that you place the blame on the police man instead of the person who you know... actually did something wrong. Forgetting that she actually physically attacked him in the process of all this. She is the only one to blame. Let's also not forget that instead of just accepting her fate and dealing with maybe just paying a fine and being banned from that walmart she ran. Causing everything that followed.

And honestly, do you think that cop is happy with how that night turned out? He's going to have to live the rest of his life knowing he shot and killed some dumbass lady in front of her kids. I feel more sorry for the cop and the kids and they are the only ones who are suffering because of this ladies stupidity. No one else is to blame.

I'm not putting all the blame on the Cop, if you read my earlier comment I said I know she was wrong to commit the crimes, I'm just saying the Cop handled it wrong and used excessive force. I'm not saying this stuff to the Cop, Im saying this to the people who are saying stuff like "Good" and "One less Scum" etc

He'd just opened the door, so he was at the side of the car, you assume she was going to make another pass and run him over?

Yes. Officers are trained this way, because it's often true. Also that kind of response from the suspect usually means they're running because they're actually wanted for something much worse, and must be considered armed and extremely dangerous. It's an unfortunate outcome and it doesn't mean she "got what she deserved," but the officer's actions sound reasonable given the description of events.

• Like 2