texas walmart shoplifting

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#91 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 6,222 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 23:31

We do not know if he had time to make any other descion plus we do not know all the circumstances of why he shot her was as the media is not reporting that part.

I don't know about USA but here a cop wont try to arrest 3 women alone. He will let them go, take the license plate number and call for reinforcement to make the arrest.

#92 pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

• 881 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 23:52

So we can't have a discussion without you wanting to resort to insults? Wow you take discussions seriously. And if you don't stop when a Cop tells you to? We'd have a lot of dead suspects if they could shoot to kill everytime a Criminal tried to run.

I actually never insulted you but you are playing that card since you obviously have no "good" reasons to defend that what this deputy did was correct.

I said "How can someone just not think?" because you simply do not think of the entire situation. You don't see the elements: The car, the women, the police, the crime..........All you see is the women and their point of view. You have never put yourself in the deputy's point of view.

Same thing for "you one sided person"; You are only seeing the women's point of view.

Im sorry if the truth hurts and you take them as "insults"

If you don't stop, then yes, you deserve to get shot. Why would a innocent suspect run if they are innocent? If that innocent suspect stopped, a officer would not shoot them.

Why run if you have nothing to hide?

#93 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,713 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 09 December 2012 - 23:56

They should put ED-209s on every street corner. That would reduce crime until the criminals find out ED-209 doesn't do stairs.

#94 McKay

McKay

Worth the weight

• 6,027 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 6

Posted 09 December 2012 - 23:57

(I call you that with light toned words because I dont want a warning).

This to me says you wanted to say more but didn't want a warning. I'm not "running". I've put my point across in a discussion.

#95 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

• 441 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 00:02

Our society should have evolved passed one that seeks death as a punishment for the most petty of crimes. If it has not, please, remove yourself from it so that we can start to evolve.

Well, you have ALOT of people to start 'evolving' as you put it. Lets start with everyone in the middle east, china, russia

#96 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,825 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 00:03

If you don't stop, then yes, you deserve to get shot. Why would a innocent suspect run if they are innocent? If that innocent suspect stopped, a officer would not shoot them.

Why run if you have nothing to hide?

How on Earth does someone running from the police deserve to get shot?

Whether a person should be immobilized or not is a question of how much of a threat they present.

#97 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

• 441 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 00:06

lol, and I also notice the people saying the cop was in the wrong are from the UK, go figure.

#98 Michael Churma III

Michael Churma III

Neowinian

• 47 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 00:35

One less scumbag on Earth, great job deputy.

#99 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 5,079 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 00:44

Heres all I am going to say. One time in my teens I was trying to have a word with someone I was arguing with I had the door open and was slightly leaning in and they hit the gas. Within half a second I was caught unable to let go because my hand got caught in something and I started to be drug. Thankfully they stopped pretty quick, but its easy to get almost run over when leaning into a car and it takes off.

#100 Original Poster

Original Poster

Systems Developer

• 3,021 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:00

Wow, gunning down someone whos attempting to escape? That's murder, I hope he goes to prison.

not in america

#101 Thrackerzod

Thrackerzod

Neowinian Senior

• 2,908 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:12

In the care bear society of the future that some posters here seem to want, criminals will simply have to run away and they'll be allowed to threaten others and even endanger the lives of police officers. However we must absolutely not chase them or try to stop them in any way because the poor little things might get hurt. Then when they are all done with their crime spree we'll all hug and sing around the campfire.

Whatever. This officer did not break any laws and he followed proper procedure. If you assault a police officer with a deadly weapon after committing a crime and while resisting arrest, it's very likely that you're going to die. It's totally your fault, not the officer's. It's called personal responsibility. Try not being a repeat offender piece of trash thief, and not putting other people's lives in danger trying to escape punishment.

#102 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• 3,221 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:20

She tried to run him over. If this statement is proved, the cop can get out of this under self defense.

#103 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,360 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:27

Should've fired warning shots when they get in the car.

#104 Thrackerzod

Thrackerzod

Neowinian Senior

• 2,908 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:44

Police don't fire warning shots, nor should anyone. Aside from being completely ineffective the stray shots could hit a bystander.

The only time a gun should be fired is to stop an immediate threat to yours or someone's life. In this case his life was in danger.

#105 someonefromtheus

someonefromtheus

Neowinian

• 8 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:53

The cop opened the door and told them to not go anywhere. that warning enough for you? On top of the previous wanrings inside the walmart and outside of it.