Which Samsung SSD?

I'm trying to decide between a pair of SAMSUNG SSDs - the 830 v. 840 Pro-Series (both are 128GB and SATA 6.0-g) - the spread is $20 between them (MicroCenter).. Which is the better bet for Windows 8 (Pro x64 with Media Center) as a boot drive?

Either should be good. The 840 Pro has more IOPs, faster write speeds, slightly faster read speeds. I would pay the extra $20 to go with the 840 Pro because it comes with a 5 year warranty; the 830 comes with a 3 year.

Either should be good. The 840 Pro has more IOPs, faster write speeds, slightly faster read speeds. I would pay the extra $20 to go with the 840 Pro because it comes with a 5 year warranty; the 830 comes with a 3 year.

+1. I have the 830 128GB. Can't be happier.

I recently got an 840 Pro, haven't had a chance to put it in yet. The 840 and 840 Pro has the newer MDX controller which should perform better and optimize the flash better. Don't buy the 840 regular though since it's TLC - theoretically should perform about the same as the 830 given the controller improvements but there's no real-world data yet. The review for the 840 Pro was very good http://www.anandtech.com/show/6328/samsung-ssd-840-pro-256gb-review