Request for koding invite

Question

I recently got another laptop and have been travelling etc, been working on a few different computers and been using google drive so I can keep my work on the go.

Recently learned about koding.com the online editor, i requested an invite from them ages ago but have never received anything.

Just looking for an invite here if anyone would be kind enough :)

16 answers to this question

I'm waiting myself for the moment that Brackets works in a browser :p

Never heard of koding.com myself btw, I'm using brackets lately since I can edit the editor however I like ^^

I'm waiting myself for the moment that Brackets works in a browser :p

Never heard of koding.com myself btw, I'm using brackets lately since I can edit the editor however I like ^^

Never heard of brackets, im assuming youve probably tried sublime text 2, but if not give it a whirl. by far the best editor ive ever used.

edit: downloading brackets for a test drive :)

Never heard of brackets, im assuming youve probably tried sublime text 2, but if not give it a whirl. by far the best editor ive ever used.

edit: downloading brackets for a test drive :)

I used sublime text 2 but now after I've tried brackets I'm never going back :p So easy to modificate it however I want(feel free to ask any help with modifications ;))

ok well the main thing i love about sublime is zen coding. I'd really miss that

also the multiple cursors

any of those on brackets?

it does look super sexy :)

edit:

ooooh wow! i do love that ctrl + E feature! thats awesome! im forever digging around huge CSS documents

can I use that with LESS?

edit seems not yet, only with HTML and CSS which is a pitty as Im mostly using PHP and LESS justnow

also live feature is a great idea, i hope the implement php capability

ok well the main thing i love about sublime is zen coding. I'd really miss that

also the multiple cursors

any of those on brackets?

it does look super sexy :)

edit:

ooooh wow! i do love that ctrl + E feature! thats awesome! im forever digging around huge CSS documents

can I use that with LESS?

edit seems not yet, only with HTML and CSS which is a pitty as Im mostly using PHP and LESS justnow

also live feature is a great idea, i hope the implement php capability

Brackets supports less but the crtl-e feature doesn't work for less yet (this is currently planned to be fixed) but crtl-e works in colors in less for a color picker ^^

And php works here fine with the live feature (using php and setup brackets project url to my localhost).

zen coding is available as a extension ;)

I've removed the title of the current document and the experimental build thing in my own brackets setup :p I also removed the usseles menubar with the single file button(just remove all menu entries with reshacker on brackets.exe).

I couldnt get the live feature to work with PHP. I poined the project URL at localhost but it just sent me to localhost/index.php and stopped the live link.

I'll have another play around with it later, it does seem quite good. Can't wait until its finished, for now Ill probably stick with sublime and when Brackets is done ill try switching.

I got invited! :D :D

Waited ages for it too, really happy :)

I have two invites if anyone wants to try it out, please only ask if you think you will use it though as I don't want to waste them.

check it out here: http://www.koding.com

I got invited! :D :D

Waited ages for it too, really happy :)

I have two invites if anyone wants to try it out, please only ask if you think you will use it though as I don't want to waste them.

check it out here: http://www.koding.com

I would like to have one if you don't mind and I'd like to try it out.

Thanks.

I've been using Koding.com for a while!

I also have 3 invites if anyone seriously wants to start using it!

Just message me if you want one! :)

I've waited so long for one :)

Funny that I started this topic and just got one after it! I think i got it from a tweet where I begged them yesterday haha

What do you think of it? It looks great so far! Ive just installed wordpress to my account to test a theme ive been developing. This is awesome because now I can work on this from anywhere on any computer! :D

I've waited so long for one :)

Funny that I started this topic and just got one after it! I think i got it from a tweet where I begged them yesterday haha

What do you think of it? It looks great so far! Ive just installed wordpress to my account to test a theme ive been developing. This is awesome because now I can work on this from anywhere on any computer! :D

Right now it's the beta period. I think they will start subscriptions later onwards for extra storage and features. I hope they keep a basic free tier.

If you still have one I'm interested as well.

Pm your email :)

This is my last invite just so everyone knows (I do have 1 but im keeping it for a friend).

szo has mentioned he has three in a post above so you could try him :)

Right now it's the beta period. I think they will start subscriptions later onwards for extra storage and features. I hope they keep a basic free tier.

yeah me too, However I'd probably pay for this if it wasn't too expensive. If you read their story (help on bottom left) they say that the idea was collaborative coding/help and keeping it free. So hopefully they will stay true to that and keep a free plan.

Can we upload to our site via FTP? I just zipped my WP theme and uploaded from wp-admin but I would've thought we could FTP?

FTP is available:) http://kwiki.koding.com/wiki/FTP

Also, have you managed to install anything to the terminal? I wanted to install a LESS compiler but apt-get isn't installed and NPM wouldn't let me either.

Tried my best but it cant be done without root to install. Tried a few different methods but you can't install anything to terminal. Didn't except to be able to though.

Not a huge problem, Ill just use less.js for now and compile it to CSS client-side. Its only for testing anyway.

Edited by Guth