3 posts in this topic

Posted

PS3 demo of this game just came out. Has anyone had an opportunity to play it yet?

Posted

[quote name='compl3x' timestamp='1355195428' post='595382892']
PS3 demo of this game just came out. Has anyone had an opportunity to play it yet?
[/quote]
I've played it. The combat system is very interesting and the visuals are what you would expect out of Studio Ghibli. The fact that it has a Japanese voice option, even in the demo, is a plus. I have a pre-order for the Wizards' Edition and I'm pretty happy with it. Level-5 always does a very good job with RGPs. One of the last RPGs that I played on the PS2 was Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King and I really, really liked it. Dark Cloud and WKC were also extremely good RPGs.

Posted

The combat system and mechanics are more involved than I had thought they would be based upon information I found stating the game is "simple". With that said, I don't like the combat all that much -- it feels too slow, too real-time strategy like when controlling and using creatures to battle. After playing the PS3 demo, I'm pretty sure I'd rather have the DS version of the game.