Email notifications setting for only topics I create.

I love email notifications they are great. But I only really care to get notifications for quotes to my posts or likes to my posts. I don't really care about a notification about a post in a thread I'm following, unless of course I created thread.

At the moment, every-time I would respond to a thread I would go up top and unfollow the thread so I would get just notifications for "quotes" and likes.

So I just went into the notification settings, thinking I could probably set it so I don't have to keep unsubscribing from every thread I respond to. I found the option allowing me to not receive notifications on replies from threads I follow yet still receive notification on likes and quotes.

The issue is, I would still like to get notifications on replies for threads I create, but I don't seem to see an option in the notification settings area.

Thanks!

When creating a thread, check off the box that says "Follow this topic?" That setting should stick just like the two options above it (which are checked off by default).

When creating a thread, check off the box that says "Follow this topic?" That setting should stick just like the two options above it (which are checked off by default).

But if i don't follow the topic then how am I going to get email notifications if someone posts a general reply

I only get the option in the notification settings to not receive reply notifications from ALL topics I follow. I want to say don't receive reply notifications from all topics I follow except from threads I created.

But if i don't follow the topic then how am I going to get email notifications if someone posts a general reply

I only get the option in the notification settings to not receive reply notifications from ALL topics I follow. I want to say don't receive reply notifications from all topics I follow except from threads I created.

The option I referred to can only be seen in the full editor (when creating a thread or editing a post).

21amv0z.png

You can disable the "Auto follow topics I reply to" feature. That way, you won't be notified via email for any replies other than ones made in your thread.

EDIT: I just realized that it could apply to any thread you reply to. My bad! :laugh:

EDIT 2: The setting doesn't stick. You'll have to remember to check off that box every time you create a thread. It's better than unfollowing any thread you reply to just so you could get email notifications for threads you made.

The option I referred to can only be seen in the full editor (when creating a thread or editing a post).

21amv0z.png

You can disable the "Auto follow topics I reply to" feature. That way, you won't be notified via email for any replies other than ones made in your thread.

EDIT: I just realized that it could apply to any thread you reply to. My bad! :laugh:

EDIT 2: The setting doesn't stick. You'll have to remember to check off that box every time you create a thread. It's better than unfollowing any thread you reply to just so you could get email notifications for threads you made.

I want to get notifications to all replies to threads I created. Not just replies that quote me :) But for all other threads, ones I didn't create, I want just notifications of quotes and likes.

I'm going to make myself hated now and request a Neowin desktop client :D

With auto-downloading of all topics I participate in.

Booyah.

To be frank, I think we could reduce heaps of server traffic, because the header changes how often? Like... close to never.

When graphics change, that would be pushed to the software telling it to re-download said graphic.

I also think it would solve the problem of lolcat pics going down on foreign servers and hence, thread revolving around it breaking after some time.

Replace lolcat pic with any pic here for general acceptance of my proposal.

Obviously lolcats are the most important part. /s :p

I know Neowin is working on its own forums software, I truly think that making that software fully API'able could serve a lot of benefits.

Think iOS/Android/WP apps, or also Windows 8/OS X/GNU desktop applications.

We could deprecate the old "download thread" option and be able to truly save threads based on caching and exporting those caches.

Posts could also finally get version numbers (*wink wink* I know somebody who loves this idea) and hence tell the software to re-download an edited post.

I think we could truly supercharge Neowin speed-wise.

Glassed Silver:mac

You basically need to disable "Auto follow topics I reply to" and enable "follow this topic" for every topic you create

If I have some extra time I'll add an "auto follow topics I create" option

• Like 1