Crytek CEO: "Crysis 3 maxes out consoles''

I do.

At least its not that same old %&^*)*(& Call of Duty

not really any different. Both games are just generic shooters with a single player element that is only used to teach you controls for multiplayer. That's why most shooter game single player can be finished in a day or 2 on hard.

Wait DX11 doesn't run on DX10 GPUs? I am pretty sure that is incorrect.

I mean there is software and hardware DX support.

Yeah, an app can use DX11 on a DX10 card, they just won't get any DX11 hardware features (Which is just tessellation and GPGPU support from what I can see)

Crysis 3 will most definitely use tessellation, but if they're smart it should also run without H/W support (Just like with Crysis 2, you could turn it on/off)

While RAGE did look good... from a distance. It's when you came up close to objects that weren't NPC's is when the ugly came out. Graphics weren't horrible overall, but it was weird to have such a beautiful yet ugly game. It was made even worse by the fact that when you did a 180, the environments and objects had to be textured. I had never seen that in a game before, and thought it was tacky.

Yeah, rage had some major technical faults, cryengine is way better than idtech at this point.