9 posts in this topic

Posted

[b]SALT LAKE CITY[/b]

Posted

[quote]People live in storage units here in Salt Lake City, Utah," Minenno said.[/quote]

That as sad as this guy stealing other people's stuff off of their front porch.

Posted

I bet Growled has some nice packages on his porch ...

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1355356348' post='595387560']
I bet Growled has some nice packages on his porch ...
[/quote]

Exactly. That's why I have a pit bull and an AK-47. Just come up here uninvited. :D
2 people like this

Posted

I still dont understand the way UPS and Fedex operate. I have had $800 electronics left on my front porch but on a different day I had to sign for a $20 bluray. Normally if I know I will not be home I can log in to the tracking page and choose signature required or something but its not always an option. I'd be ****ed if something was ever stolen off my front steps.

Posted

[quote name='jerzdawg' timestamp='1355419411' post='595389066']
I still dont understand the way UPS and Fedex operate. I have had $800 electronics left on my front porch but on a different day I had to sign for a $20 bluray. Normally if I know I will not be home I can log in to the tracking page and choose signature required or something but its not always an option. I'd be ****ed if something was ever stolen off my front steps.
[/quote]

You're not responsible if they leave it without a signature. You have to wait for it to be replaced, but its the couriers responsibility.

As for signature required, thats left to the shipper. It costs extra to do that.

Posted

[quote name='episode' timestamp='1355419603' post='595389076']
You're not responsible if they leave it without a signature. You have to wait for it to be replaced, but its the couriers responsibility.

As for signature required, thats left to the shipper. It costs extra to do that.
[/quote]
yea I know Im not responsible but I just never understood the practice of it. it should be standard that at X dollar amount a signature is required.. but whatever I am sure it doesnt happen alot but I wouldnt want to be the company paying a $800 claim because they saved $3 by not requiring a signature.

Posted

[quote name='jerzdawg' timestamp='1355419411' post='595389066']
I still dont understand the way UPS and Fedex operate.
[/quote]

I have been on a tour of a UPS facility. Many thousands of packages.

As best that I could figure out, the delivery drivers are under a lot of pressure to make a lot of deliveries, as fast as possible.

They don't want to stand around, waiting for someone to answer and sign, nor do they want to come back 2 or 3 times.

They are all too quick to leave a package with a neighbor as well.

This has given me grief several times. :s

Posted

^ Same here. And I know a guy that works for UPS and you're right, they have a quota. They'd rather just drop a package and go. Even when I'm home they never ask me to sign for anything anymore. At work, however, that is a different situation. We have to sign for everything we get.