Mayan apocalypse: panic spreads as December 21 nears

The mayan calendar ends on December 21st 2012, thats it. A new era starts after that. I believe there is a galactic alignment on that day as well ...

The Mayan NEVER said it was the end of the world. The media and the doom and gloom people did.

Oh and by the way, the calendar end exactly on December 21st 2012 at 11:11am GMT. (UK time)

Yes I'm serious. 11:11 is a very powerfull symbolic number

well i read that because we added an extra day in the year for a leap year the mayans wouldnt have taken that into account and it should of ended in the 1980's or someat i think so we should of all bin dead now if it was to happen

I laugh about it too but DID take some time to look at the claims being made.

I read 4 pages of replies about this and its precisely what i expected.

In other words the majority of it all is people ignoring any statements

and hurling snotty one liners and jokes etc

Almost no on emade any attempt to address any of the specifics mentioned.

So I will the specific point made about NASA is sketchy.

First off i recently read the NASA FAQ on teh Doomsday issue and it all sound legit to me except one point.

The poles flipping etc issue is wrong they make false claims on their web site.

I have no reason to doubt the wikipedia rticles on this issue where it says this has happened before

fully on rare ocasions and partialy on an eradic and far more frequent basis.

NASA for one thing does not address a partial polar shift at all and makes 1 quick reference

to this saying it happens like every 450,000 years or something like that and its convenient for them

to exclude the results found from the same scientists regarding partial pole changes.

Whicis it has happened lots in aspans of time then nothing then it starts up again etc

and the proof is simply embedded in the rock and undeniable.. its as simple as holding a rock in hand and

analysing the formation and seeing the polarity of when it was formed hence how they figured that out to begin with.

I don't think the world will end on the 21st

BUT i'm not an ignorant blow hard willing to accept what is fed to me like a brain dead lemming

That one issue i just mentioned is enough reason for me to 2nd guess the matter..

Lets not forget NASA's job is take the population under control and NOT spread mass hystery..

so if there was a problem you all wouldn't be getting an email from NASA warning you.

So i just pointed out how they went out of there way to exclude MOST of the scientific data

regarding the pole shifts Einstein mentioned long ago.. they only felt the need to talk about the part

that looked good and ignore the other 75% of statisical data that looked bad lol

Beyond 2012: Why the World Won't End

http://www.nasa.gov/...2012.html#polar

Q: What is the polar shift theory? Is it true that the Earth's crust does a 180-degree rotation around the core in a matter of days if not hours? A: A reversal in the rotation of Earth is impossible. There are slow movements of the continents (for example Antarctica was near the equator hundreds of millions of years ago), but that is irrelevant to claims of reversal of the rotational poles. However, many of the disaster websites pull a bait-and-switch to fool people. They claim a relationship between the rotation and the magnetic polarity of Earth, which does change irregularly, with a magnetic reversal taking place every 400,000 years on average. As far as we know, such a magnetic reversal doesn?t cause any harm to life on Earth. Scientists believe a magnetic reversal is very unlikely to happen in the next few millennia.

notice "400,000 years on average" ?

impossible ? lol uhhm yeah it is that is a bold face lie.

and Einstein was the first guy i know off that said it was possible..

then look at this page,

http://en.wikipedia....gnetic_reversal

notice inthe first paragraph how it says

"with an average of 450,000 years"

and that page is linked from here,

http://en.wikipedia....hift_hypothesis

where it says on that page..

"Pole shift hypotheses are not the same as geomagnetic reversal, the periodic reversal of the Earth's magnetic field (effectively switching the north and south magnetic poles)."

Sounds like people are using information to suit their agenda to me..

I'd rather be told there is a risk then have scientists and / or Gov. organizations

play games with data to make their agenda's float..

well i read that because we added an extra day in the year for a leap year the mayans wouldnt have taken that into account and it should of ended in the 1980's or someat i think so we should of all bin dead now if it was to happen

No that is complete fabrication. The mayan calendar is way more precise than ours.

Adding 1 day every 4 years is not what I call precise. These calendars don't work that way.

just a normal party friday...

and if it just happens to be true, it was still just another normal party friday. Cheers

11:11 is a very powerfull symbolic number

What, like 666, 777 or 3. Never heard 11:11 was anything special

You know, I get the whole fear and panic thing, because it could be "the end of the world"..... But what's friggin HILARIOUS is that people think they can buy a bomb shelter and SURVIVE the end of the world... While technically speaking, the end of the world is by definition the end of the planet. So, if the planet gets vaporized, or the sun collapses and we get sucked in, there's no SURIVIVING that... So why the Friends University of Central Kansas would you spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a bomb shelter?? :-p

• Like 2

if it was true what the replies on this topic look like ? Or anywhere for that matter ?

People say its all bs etc but when it is finaly true are we gonna handle things any diffeent than now ?

You can all try and hide but NIBIRU is coming and your all gonna die !

see some Nasa guys speaking out.. search at youtube for this keywords....

NASA EMPLOYEE SPEAKS ABOUT NIBIRU

• Like 1

if it was true what the replies on this topic look like ? Or anywhere for that matter ?

People say its all bs etc but when it is finaly true are we gonna handle things any diffeent than now ?

You can all try and hide but NIBIRU is coming and your all gonna die !

see some Nasa guys speaking out.. search at youtube for this keywords....

NASA EMPLOYEE SPEAKS ABOUT NIBIRU

yeah i watched those videos and there a crock. do you really think if we were to collide with another planet in the next 9 days we wouldn't already know about it? this dec 21st BS is as bas as the y2k hype.

ya well... the big red dragon is gonna git ya and you better get yourslef a red helmet to protect your brain from getting sucked out by magnetic powers

watch the video he explains how your memory will be sucked out of your head ..the CIA told em so !

i dunno bout you guy sbut i'm gettin me a red helmet just in case ..better safe than sorry !

wouldn't the end of the world have happened already since the mayans didn't know WTF a leap year was

this has been brought up all over the net, and apparently, seeing as they use a different calendar system than we do, the days are grouped in a way that makes the actual date irrelevant. What I mean is, they didn't think the date was December 21, 2012, because they didn't measure time that way.... According to a quick google search, the mayan calendar is broken into "baktuns"... each baktun being 400 of our years, or 146,000 days. So if one does the math, this time taking into account the extra days for leap years, you (apparently) arrive at December 21, 2012... The particular calendar that is associated with the end of the world contains 13 baktuns. However, there was a story in May about a newly discovered mayan calendar that contains 17 baktuns, which means the oldest known mayan calendar actually goes beyond 2012 by 1600 years.

double-facepalm1.jpg

Am I alive? It's 13th December 2012, 11.40 pm as I post this. Yep the world is still around.

Your fail is even stronger... The end of the Mayan calendar is 12/21/12.... Not 12/12/12. Nice try though. ;-)

The mayan calendar ends on December 21st 2012, thats it. A new era starts after that. I believe there is a galactic alignment on that day as well ...

The Mayan NEVER said it was the end of the world. The media and the doom and gloom people did.

Oh and by the way, the calendar end exactly on December 21st 2012 at 11:11am GMT. (UK time)

Yes I'm serious. 11:11 is a very powerfull symbolic number

I was all for your post until you mentioned 11:11am, because ya know, the Mayan's were concerned with how we keep time now and incorporated Daylight Saving's Time into their calculations ;)

double-facepalm1.jpg

Am I alive? It's 13th December 2012, 11.40 pm as I post this. Yep the world is still around.

Was the 2x facepalm for yourself for not getting the (false) prediction date right in your sarcasm...

Not sure if this was already posted, but it was a video made by NASA meant for Dec 22nd:

A lot of people in here need to watch this video and clear up a few of the misconceptions they have.

Not sure if this was already posted, but it was a video made by NASA meant for Dec 22nd:

A lot of people in here need to watch this video and clear up a few of the misconceptions they have.

what like the NASA end of the world FAQ page i linked to earlier that everyone ignored ?

i fail to see the point if people are not going to consume information with a respectable level of objectivity..

the majority of doomsday theories rely on what i brought up earlier.. Pole shift theories etc..

read what i said and read the link at the NASA web page.. in other words compare the public knowledge vs what NASA is saying.

and then notice NOT ONE PERSON addressed the contradictions i pointed out that border on flat out lies and manipulation by NASA.

all i DO know is that the chances of anything bad happening is unlikely and I think if something bad was gonna happen

i really don't think it's gonna be tied to any date and time.. for example i put no concern on the 21st than i would sometime in January or the year after..

We are at the start of an 11 yr cycle with the sun that JUST STARTED so thinking once we're in the clear on the 21st would be dumb !

The closest threat we have is going to be on going for a long time to come (as stated in the NASA FAQ lol)

Read it !

I said nothing they didn't say first.. i just went and grabbed the missing 75% of information that NASA decided wasn't worth telling people.

[snip]

Well I think the problem is that people don't read the previous pages of the thread before posting something.

So what we'd need to do is post the information like you posted on every new page to minimize the amount of dumb ideas people post.

This is what a real Mayan has to say about December 21st 2012. He is the Grand Elder of the Official Guatemalan Mayan Council and Ambassador of the Mayas for the Guatemalan Government.