Photo

Mayan apocalypse: panic spreads as December 21 nears

end of the worls suicide underground shelters nasa

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#46 Guest_seanseany_*

Guest_seanseany_*

Posted 12 December 2012 - 23:35

There is a Big Flaw in the End of the world tho as i live here in Oregon so does the end of the world happen eastern standard time or does it happen pacific does it happen in japan first or where ever ti is the 21st already

Exactly , I live in London .so what clock are we going by ? I find it rather ironic that they could supposedly predict the future but didn't see the end of the empire they had built coming :laugh:.I just love this theory ,Mind blowing ...wow , just wow !

I have done a lot of research on the subject of 2012 and i have come to a possible conclusion. as many of you know, there are a few different scenarios on what could happen. 3 days of darkness, 2 suns afterwards etc. my belief is that the earth is going to go through the black hole that is expanding at the edge of our solar system and will take three days to get through and when we come out the other side, we will be in a new solar system with 2 suns and different constellations. i know that all of this is hard to believe but its the most rational explanation that i can think of that makes some sense. please can you all consider this as a possibility and let me know your thoughts?

ATS

#47 Skin

Skin

Neowinian

• 1,097 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 23:41

Who is really freaking out about this thing? I work with a lot of people... not one has made reference to this date in a less than laughing and mocking way, friends... same thing. Hell, even at places like the mall and grocery store, not a peep.

Ohhhh yeah, the news outlet are talking about it to drum up business. Carry on.

#48 strekship

strekship

Neowinian Senior

• 4,538 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 23:48

If Nibiru was going to hit earth on the 21st, dont you think we'd see it in the sky by now?

I'm actually surprised this entire year wasnt filled with panic, tv shows, sensationalistic news and more movies like... well, '2012'.

You must not have turned on the History Channel recently...

#49 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,417 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 23:52

Not going to even read the article, people are stupid, and misinterpreting it completely. The Mayan calendar continues well past this year, some of my professors had a seminar disproving this s***. Other than that I'm clueless as to the "facts" people seem to be applying to 12/21. In conclusion - if you believe this ****, you're F'ing retarded and come see me on the 22nd :)

#50 zeta_immersion

zeta_immersion

Neowinian Senior

• 3,204 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 23:54

Neobond, you better have this damn thing backed up and on generators if the world ends I wanna read it last here :)

#51 Klownicle

Klownicle

I get a custom title? Sweett.

• 1,500 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 23:58

I have that day off, i'm going to chill indoors and watch the weridos panic.

#52 2xSilverKnight

2xSilverKnight

Neowinian Master

• 2,086 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 00:34

The mayan calendar ends on December 21st 2012, thats it. A new era starts after that. I believe there is a galactic alignment on that day as well ...

The Mayan NEVER said it was the end of the world. The media and the doom and gloom people did.

Oh and by the way, the calendar end exactly on December 21st 2012 at 11:11am GMT. (UK time)
Yes I'm serious. 11:11 is a very powerfull symbolic number

#53 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• 1,860 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 00:43

well i read that because we added an extra day in the year for a leap year the mayans wouldnt have taken that into account and it should of ended in the 1980's or someat i think so we should of all bin dead now if it was to happen

#54 I am Not PCyr

I am Not PCyr

Neowinian

• 1,223 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 00:45

I laugh about it too but DID take some time to look at the claims being made.

I read 4 pages of replies about this and its precisely what i expected.
In other words the majority of it all is people ignoring any statements
and hurling snotty one liners and jokes etc
Almost no on emade any attempt to address any of the specifics mentioned.

So I will the specific point made about NASA is sketchy.
First off i recently read the NASA FAQ on teh Doomsday issue and it all sound legit to me except one point.
The poles flipping etc issue is wrong they make false claims on their web site.
I have no reason to doubt the wikipedia rticles on this issue where it says this has happened before
fully on rare ocasions and partialy on an eradic and far more frequent basis.
NASA for one thing does not address a partial polar shift at all and makes 1 quick reference
to this saying it happens like every 450,000 years or something like that and its convenient for them
to exclude the results found from the same scientists regarding partial pole changes.
Whicis it has happened lots in aspans of time then nothing then it starts up again etc
and the proof is simply embedded in the rock and undeniable.. its as simple as holding a rock in hand and
analysing the formation and seeing the polarity of when it was formed hence how they figured that out to begin with.

I don't think the world will end on the 21st
BUT i'm not an ignorant blow hard willing to accept what is fed to me like a brain dead lemming
That one issue i just mentioned is enough reason for me to 2nd guess the matter..
Lets not forget NASA's job is take the population under control and NOT spread mass hystery..
so if there was a problem you all wouldn't be getting an email from NASA warning you.
So i just pointed out how they went out of there way to exclude MOST of the scientific data
regarding the pole shifts Einstein mentioned long ago.. they only felt the need to talk about the part
that looked good and ignore the other 75% of statisical data that looked bad lol

#55 I am Not PCyr

I am Not PCyr

Neowinian

• 1,223 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 00:56

Beyond 2012: Why the World Won't End
http://www.nasa.gov/...2012.html#polar

Q: What is the polar shift theory? Is it true that the Earth's crust does a 180-degree rotation around the core in a matter of days if not hours? A: A reversal in the rotation of Earth is impossible. There are slow movements of the continents (for example Antarctica was near the equator hundreds of millions of years ago), but that is irrelevant to claims of reversal of the rotational poles. However, many of the disaster websites pull a bait-and-switch to fool people. They claim a relationship between the rotation and the magnetic polarity of Earth, which does change irregularly, with a magnetic reversal taking place every 400,000 years on average. As far as we know, such a magnetic reversal doesn’t cause any harm to life on Earth. Scientists believe a magnetic reversal is very unlikely to happen in the next few millennia.

notice "400,000 years on average" ?
impossible ? lol uhhm yeah it is that is a bold face lie.
and Einstein was the first guy i know off that said it was possible..

then look at this page,
http://en.wikipedia....gnetic_reversal
notice inthe first paragraph how it says
"with an average of 450,000 years"

and that page is linked from here,
http://en.wikipedia....hift_hypothesis
where it says on that page..
"Pole shift hypotheses are not the same as geomagnetic reversal, the periodic reversal of the Earth's magnetic field (effectively switching the north and south magnetic poles)."

Sounds like people are using information to suit their agenda to me..
I'd rather be told there is a risk then have scientists and / or Gov. organizations
play games with data to make their agenda's float..

#56 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 00:57

I hope Neowin is planning to back up the more important threads here just in case. :D

#57 2xSilverKnight

2xSilverKnight

Neowinian Master

• 2,086 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:22

well i read that because we added an extra day in the year for a leap year the mayans wouldnt have taken that into account and it should of ended in the 1980's or someat i think so we should of all bin dead now if it was to happen

No that is complete fabrication. The mayan calendar is way more precise than ours.

Adding 1 day every 4 years is not what I call precise. These calendars don't work that way.

#58 68k

Neowinian Senior

• 1,771 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:52

<snipped>

#59 CrashGordon

CrashGordon

The Perfect Threesome: Lime, Salt & Tequila

• 5,283 posts
  • Phone: Jackson JS3 Kelly Bird IV through a Fender Rumble 150. Can ya hear me now?

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:00

just a normal party friday...

and if it just happens to be true, it was still just another normal party friday. Cheers

11:11 is a very powerfull symbolic number

What, like 666, 777 or 3. Never heard 11:11 was anything special

#60 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,528 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:05

OMFG!
If this is real and the world is about to end, there's nothing anyone can do about it, so stop paniking, if it doesn't end, you're all going to look like fools