• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#61 Reverend Spam

Reverend Spam

Neowinian Senior

• 3,930 posts
  • Phone: Droid Bionic

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:06

You know, I get the whole fear and panic thing, because it could be "the end of the world"..... But what's friggin HILARIOUS is that people think they can buy a bomb shelter and SURVIVE the end of the world... While technically speaking, the end of the world is by definition the end of the planet. So, if the planet gets vaporized, or the sun collapses and we get sucked in, there's no SURIVIVING that... So why the Friends University of Central Kansas would you spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a bomb shelter?? :-p

#62 +CrossCheck

CrossCheck

i am a retarded disfigured clown

• 698 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:08

wouldn't the end of the world have happened already since the mayans didn't know WTF a leap year was

#63 I am Not PCyr

I am Not PCyr

Neowinian

• 1,223 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:10

if it was true what the replies on this topic look like ? Or anywhere for that matter ?
People say its all bs etc but when it is finaly true are we gonna handle things any diffeent than now ?

You can all try and hide but NIBIRU is coming and your all gonna die !

see some Nasa guys speaking out.. search at youtube for this keywords....
NASA EMPLOYEE SPEAKS ABOUT NIBIRU

#64 fixxxer2014

fixxxer2014

A1 poster

• 7,391 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:20

if it was true what the replies on this topic look like ? Or anywhere for that matter ?
People say its all bs etc but when it is finaly true are we gonna handle things any diffeent than now ?

You can all try and hide but NIBIRU is coming and your all gonna die !

see some Nasa guys speaking out.. search at youtube for this keywords....
NASA EMPLOYEE SPEAKS ABOUT NIBIRU

yeah i watched those videos and there a crock. do you really think if we were to collide with another planet in the next 9 days we wouldn't already know about it? this dec 21st BS is as bas as the y2k hype.

#65 I am Not PCyr

I am Not PCyr

Neowinian

• 1,223 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:25

ya well... the big red dragon is gonna git ya and you better get yourslef a red helmet to protect your brain from getting sucked out by magnetic powers
watch the video he explains how your memory will be sucked out of your head ..the CIA told em so !
i dunno bout you guy sbut i'm gettin me a red helmet just in case ..better safe than sorry !

#66 Reverend Spam

Reverend Spam

Neowinian Senior

• 3,930 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:25

wouldn't the end of the world have happened already since the mayans didn't know WTF a leap year was

this has been brought up all over the net, and apparently, seeing as they use a different calendar system than we do, the days are grouped in a way that makes the actual date irrelevant. What I mean is, they didn't think the date was December 21, 2012, because they didn't measure time that way.... According to a quick google search, the mayan calendar is broken into "baktuns"... each baktun being 400 of our years, or 146,000 days. So if one does the math, this time taking into account the extra days for leap years, you (apparently) arrive at December 21, 2012... The particular calendar that is associated with the end of the world contains 13 baktuns. However, there was a story in May about a newly discovered mayan calendar that contains 17 baktuns, which means the oldest known mayan calendar actually goes beyond 2012 by 1600 years.

#67 ozgeek

ozgeek

Neowinian Senior

• 7,952 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 13:41

Posted Image

Am I alive? It's 13th December 2012, 11.40 pm as I post this. Yep the world is still around.

#68 Reverend Spam

Reverend Spam

Neowinian Senior

• 3,930 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 14:29

Posted Image

Am I alive? It's 13th December 2012, 11.40 pm as I post this. Yep the world is still around.

Your fail is even stronger... The end of the Mayan calendar is 12/21/12.... Not 12/12/12. Nice try though. ;-)

#69 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,432 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 14:47

The mayan calendar ends on December 21st 2012, thats it. A new era starts after that. I believe there is a galactic alignment on that day as well ...

The Mayan NEVER said it was the end of the world. The media and the doom and gloom people did.

Oh and by the way, the calendar end exactly on December 21st 2012 at 11:11am GMT. (UK time)
Yes I'm serious. 11:11 is a very powerfull symbolic number

I was all for your post until you mentioned 11:11am, because ya know, the Mayan's were concerned with how we keep time now and incorporated Daylight Saving's Time into their calculations ;)

Posted Image

Was the 2x facepalm for yourself for not getting the (false) prediction date right in your sarcasm...

#70 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,111 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 14:50

Not sure if this was already posted, but it was a video made by NASA meant for Dec 22nd:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QY_Gc1bF8ds

A lot of people in here need to watch this video and clear up a few of the misconceptions they have.

#71 I am Not PCyr

I am Not PCyr

Neowinian

• 1,223 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 15:39

Not sure if this was already posted, but it was a video made by NASA meant for Dec 22nd:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QY_Gc1bF8ds

A lot of people in here need to watch this video and clear up a few of the misconceptions they have.

what like the NASA end of the world FAQ page i linked to earlier that everyone ignored ?
i fail to see the point if people are not going to consume information with a respectable level of objectivity..

the majority of doomsday theories rely on what i brought up earlier.. Pole shift theories etc..
read what i said and read the link at the NASA web page.. in other words compare the public knowledge vs what NASA is saying.
and then notice NOT ONE PERSON addressed the contradictions i pointed out that border on flat out lies and manipulation by NASA.

all i DO know is that the chances of anything bad happening is unlikely and I think if something bad was gonna happen
i really don't think it's gonna be tied to any date and time.. for example i put no concern on the 21st than i would sometime in January or the year after..
We are at the start of an 11 yr cycle with the sun that JUST STARTED so thinking once we're in the clear on the 21st would be dumb !
The closest threat we have is going to be on going for a long time to come (as stated in the NASA FAQ lol)
Read it !
I said nothing they didn't say first.. i just went and grabbed the missing 75% of information that NASA decided wasn't worth telling people.

#72 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,111 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 15:46

[snip]

Well I think the problem is that people don't read the previous pages of the thread before posting something.
So what we'd need to do is post the information like you posted on every new page to minimize the amount of dumb ideas people post.

#73 blade1269

blade1269

Jesus Saved me! A Christian!

• 1,719 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 17:27

Hey
Not going to happen!

#74 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:06

^ You willing to bet your life on it? :p :D

#75 Dreamspell

Dreamspell

Neowinian

• 253 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:17

This is what a real Mayan has to say about December 21st 2012. He is the Grand Elder of the Official Guatemalan Mayan Council and Ambassador of the Mayas for the Guatemalan Government.