Jungle Gold (Discovery Channel)

5fc3fbca98bbb7dc5052aa54883db46f.jpg

Jungle Gold is an American reality documentary series set in Ghana that airs on Discovery Channel.[1] The series premiered on October, 26, 2012 on theDiscovery Channel.[2] The series follows George Wright and Scott Lomu as they risk everything in an attempt to strike it rich to recover from losing everything in thereal estate crash of 2008.[3] The series focuses on the duo as they encounter the task of gold placer mining in the Ashanti Belt along the Birim River in Ghana of West Africa. Gold recovery involves using mercury, a trommel, water pumps, and an excavator. The local village is across the river, while the nearest town is Romaso, Ghana, and the nearest city is Dunkwa, Ghana.

Has anyone else been watching this? Me and my brother have been addicted to this since we watched the first episode last week, watched the season finale last night :| This show isnt your normal, boring, digging up the ground, oh no we've got no gold or yay we have gold, the elements of being in Ghana are truly incredible. Literally anything that could go wrong, goes wrong. Limited police, security, protection and some very angry and dangerous Ghana natives.

Seriously, the last few episodes are edge of the seat stuff, truly gripping! Highly recommended to anyone that likes Documentaries and the Discovery Channel, which i reckon will be a very high number :)

Pretty much left on a cliffhanger, didnt need that after the Walking Dead cliffhanger fiasco, but theres TV for you!

Quick preview to wet your whistle!

Anyway, seriously, give it a look guys! Incredible!

• 8 months later...

Dont even know if anybody watched the first series of this, to those who did the 2nd series has kicked off and they're back in the thick of it in Ghana, first ep was awesome :D

I like the gold mining shows but this one is one of the worst. They don't have a clue about anything, they pretty much failed at everything in the first season.

If it really was their last chance. Why do they own multiple cars and  still live in their big houses?

They just come across as idiots trying to make a quick buck.

Plus the "robbery". I think that was nicely staged.