Smartglass on Windows 8

So I have been reading up a lot on the Smartglass app, and currently have it installed on both my iPhone, as well as my Windows 8 Ultrabook. I have seen some of the features, and while most are fairly useless to me, I do need the "Send to..." option. Previously, on Windows 7, I simply used Media Center to stream my media to my Xbox. Seeing as with Windows 8, it is no longer included on many new PC's, I am stuck using the Smartglass application.

In any case, I have no clue how to get the thing working. I have searched up countless things on Google, to see if it points me in the right direction. I have also tried watching YouTube videos, and the likes, but nothing works. I have Homegroups enabled, I am sharing my media, both my console and Ultrabook are on the same network, I am fresh out of ideas.

Anyone know the process to get this going? Or can point me in the right direction? When I play videos, I can see the "Send to..." option, but there is nothing to send it to in the first place.

Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

A frustrated man

Check in XBOX System settings (can't remember off hand where) that the Send To... Functionality is enabled.

• Switch the Xbox on
  • WinKey + C
  • Settings
  • Change PC Settings
  • Devices
  • Add a Device
  • Click your Xbox 360
  • Let it install
  • Play To right click menu should appear for supported media formats in Windows Explorer

SmartGlass should work if you sign into your Xbox app on Windows 8, then sign in on the Xbox 360 with the same account and both are on the same network subnet / connected to the internet. You should also find that afterwards signing into your Xbox will send a Metro notification that a SmartGlass device is available on Windows 8 (same account).