Can't access store

I just installed Win 8 Enterprise as a dual boot VHD on my laptop. I'm having a problem though - when I try to access the store, I get an error message saying "We weren't able to connect to the Store. This might have happened because of a server problem or hte network connection timed out. Please wait a few minutes and try again".

I've seen that this somewhat of a common issue, and I've tried a few fixes (WSreset.exe, app troubleshooter) but still it isn't working. Even using a local account isn't working :-/ I've tried a wireless and wired connection, and flushing dns.

Anyone have any suggestions or experienced this problem?

Edit: Added picture.

post-272334-0-40234800-1355351006.jpg

I built one on Hyper-V yesterday and it's not experiencing this issue but it is fully up-to-date with yesterday's patches and activated. Are you using an Evaluation version, fully activated KMS/retail or using grace time/non-activated ?

I probably should mention as well - I do have internet access in all other apps (mail, internet explorer) and on the desktop. The people app won't let me add facebook though... I think it also shows an error (Edit: Facebook connected now).

It's the Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation (x86). System info shows that it's activated. I only have one more update pending (a 107MB one).

Hmm... so I tried

cmd

wsreset.exe /? to see what options might be available and volia... working store.

Not sure if something just decided to start working with wsreset, or if it was an update or what... but yay working store.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I figured it out. My particular case happened on TWO separate computers on the same network and I narrowed it down to IPv6 connectivity, as I have both IPv4 and IPv6 at home. I disabled IPv6 (unfortunately) and the store **immediately** started working. So if you can't access the store, try disabling IPv6.

If someone else can confirm this (can't access store with IPv6), I'd appreciate it. Seems like MS should be aware of that.

What's weird though is other apps like Music could see that it needed an update... and the store app SHOWED 15 pending updates... but I couldn't see the store front until I disabled IPv6.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, I'm experiencing the *exact* same symptoms. Someone posted on superuser regarding this too. http://superuser.com...dows-store-fail

It's occurring on a desktop and a laptop, both linked to a Microsoft Account.

Disabling IPv6 fixed it and was able to install the 15 updates. It seems to be an issue on Microsoft's / CloudFlare's end. Pretty annoying.